• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I guess E callers do work.

Started by pitw, October 30, 2009, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Had a fellow from down Stateside bugging me to try out his new Ecaller.  Something he put together himself[or with help from others for all I know] and he asked me [of all people] to do a few stands with it and put up a review of what I thought.  I don't like electronics in anyway for my outdoor pleasures but he kept nagging and even sent one up with a little whirly gig type decoy.  So just in case I ever need this fellow I took it out today and tried it.
  First stand I played the caller and two coyotes came in out in front of me 75 yds.  They had followed a slough bank around and just popped up.  I shot the bigger one and the other ran 3 steps[kinda] and disappeared.

Edge they came in and disappeared at.

Where I was set up [edge of bush]

I then went 4 miles west and set up looking here. 

After I got set up and decoy in place I was looking off to the right while the caller ran and didn't even see the coyote that came in to 50yds until I turned my head, there he was in 8 secs.  We had a short staring contest and then he laid down.  I didn't wnat to leave after 15 seconds so I played the call again and then waited for 4 minutes.  Another coyote came out of the bush and trotted right to the first one and he layed down too.  I called and waited some more and one more coyote came out but 300 yds down and trotted right behind a short rise allowing it to get down wind of me and I never saw it again.

What I saw from a standing position at this stand.

Then closer up. Third coyote came out at that point of bush over the coyotes.

That's how they landed.

Looking back at where I was set up with the truck for a reference.

I then thought about going home but thought I better try one more for a solid review. I played the call at the new stand and these guys came out of the bush.

Came right up to within 35yds.

They went back to the bottom and I caught a glimpse of movement down at the bush to the left of them.  It was a coyote that came out and layed down but just stayed there watching the deer and waiting.  I ain't a good waiter so I touched off a shot at about 240 yds.

So for the review this caller brought in six coyotes[that I saw] on three stands so I guess it works. :yoyo: :yoyo:  I think I could have done it with any of my hand calls but I didn't so I hope this makes the fellow who put the caller together happy.  I have boxed up the caller and decoy to send back as I don't need them now.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

golfertrout

Yotehntr

Good night! .... that's some hunting there!  :yoyo: 
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Wow! :yoyo:

I didnt think you guys were allowed to use ecallers, but man am I glad you got a chance to and for what seemed like you enjoyed it.
You did didnt you? :sneer:   Ah c'mon you know you did. :wink:

What I've always liked about them is they get the sound AWAY from you. And with that goes the attention that would normally be on you.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Good day out Barry.  Also nice pictures, felt like I was there.  Need to give you a call , have not talked to you in sometime.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

weedwalker

Looks like a great hunt Barry. WTG. :highclap: :highclap:

LORDDAL

Ok Barry I got just one thing to say Take me huntin with you PLEASE..........great job sure wish I could come hunt with you looks like prime country  :yoyo: :biggrin:

Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

centerfire_223

I was going to ask may I come and go hunting with you. But I can see there is no need of that anymore. No coyotes left up there. Looks like you had a great day out in the field. Congrats on you big beautiful coyotes.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Wow!  You really ought to think about opening up a coyote hunting lodge.  You could make a wheel barrow full of money!   :eyebrownod:  And I'd be your first customer too.   :laf:

Great pics and story!   :yoyo:

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Carolina Coyote

Good Job, Did you put a Thank you note in the box when you sent it back to the guy?   :biggrin:  cc

HaMeR

Sweet!! Those coyotes look soooooooooooooooo peaceful just laying there!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Looks like you had a VERY good day and the best part is you got to enjoy yourself at the same time. 

Jerry

HaMeR

:confused:  Sooo how do you figure on making it on a Pro Staff if you return the goods Barry??  :shrug: 

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Great post & Congrarulations!! Just had to throw that out there ya know.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Barry, you make it look so easy.  Way to go!

CCP

WTG Barry  :yoyo: :highclap:

Great pics and story Barry. I was beginning to wonder if you guys had trees up there. I see you have a few saplings.

We need to send you some more calls to try so we can get some more post like this. :congrats: Keep them coming.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

msmith

Just want to reiterate what every body else said. Beautiful country too, although very flat.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 31, 2009, 12:33:53 AM
I didnt think you guys were allowed to use ecallers
Them [name your wife calls you] in government legalized electronic callers here this spring for coyotes. :argh: :argh: :argh:

You did didnt you? :sneer:   Ah c'mon you know you did. :wink:
More than you can guess :wo:

What I've always liked about them is they get the sound AWAY from you. And with that goes the attention that would normally be on you.

Whatever :readthis:

Quote from: centerfire_223 on October 31, 2009, 04:29:45 AM
  No coyotes left up there. 

Two anyway.  The four I got were all dogs so it won't hurt next years population any  :doh2:.

Quote from: Semp on October 31, 2009, 05:22:51 AM
Wow!  You really ought to think about opening up a coyote hunting lodge.  You could make a wheel barrow full of money!   :eyebrownod:  And I'd be your first customer too.   :laf:

Semp to me hunting is a sport to be enjoyed :shrug: and if I had to take some spoiled [thing you do to your finger with a needle] paid me money and I had to "make" him have fun, I wouldn't, so I stay away from money for pleasure systems.  Money and no fun would be far worse than broke and enjoying.  You on the other hand can come up anytime for free :biggrin:

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on October 31, 2009, 06:34:31 AM
Good Job, Did you put a Thank you note in the box when you sent it back to the guy?   :biggrin:  cc

Nope cause it caused quite a bit of legwork :laf:

Quote from: HaMeR on October 31, 2009, 07:26:35 AM
:confused:  Sooo how do you figure on making it on a Pro Staff if you return the goods Barry??  :shrug: 

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Don't you need to be a "pro" for one of them positions :confused:.

Quote from: HuntnCarve on October 31, 2009, 07:33:11 AM
Barry, you make it look so easy.

That's what I always said electonic callers were :readthis:.

Quote from: CCP on October 31, 2009, 07:44:20 AM
We need to send you some more calls to try so we can get some more post like this. :congrats: Keep them coming.

What I need is some ambition sent up as I'm a mite behind on posts like this :doh2:.

Quote from: msmith on October 31, 2009, 07:58:46 AM
  Beautiful country too, although very flat.

Did you miss how the coyotes materialized on the first stand :innocentwhistle:

Flat eh :doh2:  try driving a 90' sprayer across it at 20mph and you'll find out about how "flat" it is. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laf:

Thanks for the responses guys and I hope to hear from you again  :wink:

I say what I think not think what I say.