• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Going To Kalifornia

Started by weedwalker, August 27, 2010, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I'm leaving in the morning for Nashville, then to Atlanta. At Atlanta I'm picking up a truck and tanker trailer then heading to L.A.  I'm dropping the trailer off at a shop in L.A. and picking up a trailer that has been re-fitted with a new pump and motor to bring back to Atlanta. Then after a few days off will probably have to go back to L.A. and pick up the 1st trailer I dropped off, depending on how long it takes them to re-do that one.
So, after tomorrow morning I'll be off the net for a few days. Se y'all later.

Bills Custom Calls

Be safe Ed  a country boy in the big city
Just remember the women on the street corner aren't your friend  :nofgr: :alscalls:

See ya when ya get back
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Watch your back in L.A. and what did that one post say.....if you drop your wallet, you better kick it clear to Tulsa before you bend over to pick up. :alscalls:

Be safe my friend.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I have to ask.  What can they do to a tank in LA that couldn't be done on this side of the US?  It will be a nice trip for you and hopefully your drop off point is on the eastern side of the city. 

Jerry

alscalls

Stay save my friend and take yer camera!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

Jerry,
Yes, it's on the east side. Just inside the beltway at Bloomington,Ca.
We use these tankers to fuel locomotives at the railyards. Right now, they run off of a PTO drive on the truck. The PTO runs a hydraulic system on the trailer which in turn runs the fuel pump. We have several different makes of trucks and trailers and they are basicly set up where each truck was fitted to the trailer it pulls. If that truck breaks down, it's not likely that another truck is set up exactly the same so it puts the trailer out of service too.
Out in L.A. they mount a pony motor on the trailer that runs directly off of the diesel fuel inside the trailer. The pony motor runs the hydraulics on the trailer to pump fuel to the locomotives. That way, any truck can pull the trailer because it's a self contained unit. If our truck breaks down we can just get another truck and not loose service from the trailer.
There are probably closer places to get the job done. I'm guessing they're getting a good enough price that the involved transportation is still cheaper.

coyote101

Have fun on your trip Ed, and be safe.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the info.  The change sounds like the right way to go and not have recurring problems each time.  Have a safe trip.

Jerry

pitw

Take a horn off the locomotive with you :wink:.  Have as good a time as your conscious will allow :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Safe travels to ya Ed !
Have a good one.
Scott

HaMeR

Have a good trip Ed!! Be safe & if you're bored & tired you have my cell #!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

kyfuzzyface

Have a safe trip Ed, Hurry back there are still several coyotes here in Ky. :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

vvarmitr

:holdon: DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!! :nofgr:
I sure hope he doesn't come back gay or a liberal or both.  :sad3:

KySongDog

Have a good trip, Ed.   Be careful, there are some funny actin' people out there.   :eyebrownod:

weedwalker

Well, finally got to Abiline tonight anyway. They didn't have our trailers ready to go in Atlanta like they were supposed to. So we didn't get out of there till around 6PM Sunday. So we're a day behind now. But it dosen't matter. They said the trailer I'm going to P/U in L.A. won't be ready till Friday. :iroll: So I've got some time to kill. Oh well, I'm on the clock anyway. :eyebrow:
A freind of mine is in another truck pulling the 2nd trailer out here with me. He moved here from Hawaii and has never drove a truck long haul over the road. So I gotta nurse him along. But he's doing OK.
I had to pay $2 just to get 59 minutes of WIFI here. Y'all are worth it though.
I'll keep in touch when I can. See y'all later.

Oh, VV, ain't no danger of me becoming either one of those. :nono: :nono:

pitw

Oh man Ed this was just the story I needed. :bowingsmilie:  The wife is still looking at me as if I lost my mind as I laughed my derriere off.  Sounds like you got things under control for now and I'll see if we can get these guys to throw in a few coins to help pay for the future installments :eyebrow:.  Keep 'er right side up and don't pug nose it as you roll towards your destination[best word I could get away with on the forum].

weedwalker

Made it to Wilcox,Az today. Have to stop here for the night. We're only allowed to drive 11 hours, then by law we have to take a 10 hour break. Really makes a trip drag out. I had hoped to meet JohnP today but my delay at the start in Atlanta threw a wrench in that. Hopefully it'll work out that I get to see him on my trip back east.
I've been looking for coyotes all the way out here and ain't seen the 1st one yet. And there's not been more than a 1/2 dozen roadkills. I did see 3 antelope just before I stopped here.
Oh well, I'll see what suprizes tomorrow brings.

pitw

The Hawaii fellow still got the friendly girl with him  :alscalls:.  Good job on keeping me in the loop Ed and I still want some pics :wink:.

vvarmitr

Quote from: weedwalker on August 30, 2010, 10:32:20 PM
Oh, VV, ain't no danger of me becoming either one of those. :nono: :nono:
I'd like to think so, but I don't know what makes a person get that way.  :shrug: :shrug:
You just be careful out there!

Quote from: pitw on August 31, 2010, 09:48:13 PM
The Hawaii fellow still got the friendly girl with him
Did I miss something here?  :confused:
Must be I'm outta the loop.  :doh2:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on September 01, 2010, 07:14:02 AM

Quote from: pitw on August 31, 2010, 09:48:13 PM
The Hawaii fellow still got the friendly girl with him
Did I miss something here?  :confused:
Must be I'm outta the loop.  :doh2:

vv, Ed called me fro Abiloney and had me gasping for breath after  [:alscalls: x100] with a tale about his naive traveling companion and a friendly girl. :innocentwhistle: