• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Never fight with a brush hog....... ALsCalls is down......

Started by alscalls, October 12, 2010, 10:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Well I brought the brush hog home and did some welding on it...... But when I took it back out to the farm for a try I had no one to help.  So I did what I always do and did it my self.......  :iroll:
Long story short....... I wound up getting hurt.......

(The long story) The brush hog slipped off a ramp I was using to get it out of the truck and I caught it.  It was all I could do to hold it till we reached the ground.
When we arrived at the ground I had no choice but to leave part of it sitting on my waste line as I knew something was Bad wrong in my back...... most of the weight was still on the truck but I was almost an hour getting it off me.
I was another hour trying to get in the truck to go for help......
Doc says I have a bulging disk pinching a nerve affecting my left leg......... I am taking three pain meds and WOW they are awesome.......
They cut my pants off when I got there so I feel they owe me a pair of pants...... :laf: :laf:  But we will see how I feel about that when  am done with the meds.
I could use a few prayers fellas as I may miss bow season...... and if I do that...... I know I am hurt...... :pout:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

pitw

That isn't a good story :pout:..  Hope you get better quick but take all the time you need and don't do it again :readthis:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Prayers sent....

May the lord grant you a speedy and full recovery...

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Sorry to hear the bad news, Al.   :sad: 

Hang in there. 

Jimmie in Ky

been there and done it Al. We know better but we do stupid stuff anyway  :rolleye: You will miss bow season for sure. But there is always gun season with good helpers to haul the deer for you. Evidently they didn't give you the really good stuff  :nono: Otherwise you would only be getting up for bodily functions :laf: You wouldn't be able to even operate a key board  :biggrin:

Take good care of yourself, seriously. You don't want surgery if you can help it. I have known only two people who have had surgeries that were sucsesful out of dozens. Most of them have had multiple surgeries before they even get relief, much less able to do anything. Jimmie

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

Dave

Sorry to hear about your accident, Al.  I pray for your speedy and full recovery.
-Dave

FOsteology

Sounds like a boneheaded thing I'd do myself Al. Take it easy and heal up proper.

FinsnFur

Ok, hang on a sec here. They cut off your pants and WHAT bulged? :puke:
Thats just wrong.

Get the hottub filled up and relax a bit
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Good Grief Al, We will be praying for your recovery, take it easy. cc

Bopeye

Be careful with the pain meds. After a few years of being on them, I road the devil himself coming off them in June. Four days of all kinds of unpleasantness.
Codeine is VERY addictive.  :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

:doh2: Oh SNAP Al ! Glad you're OK, more or less, as that could have ended much worse. Take time to let that heal right or you'll never be 100%.  Prayers heading out !
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

bambam

Hope you heal up quick Al. When I read the title I was afraid you cut off a limb .  :whew: :whew: :whew:

Yotehntr

... Ok... I am guessing here (hope I'm not off base?)  is Brush hog yankee for bush hog?   :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyote101

Sorry to hear that Al. I'll be praying for you, hope you feel better soon.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Silencer

Crap Al, you gotta remember you/we arent as young as we used to be.   Hope ya heal up well buddy.  Cant imagine being trapped in the house this time of year. 

alscalls

Quote from: Yotehntr on October 13, 2010, 01:07:28 AM
... Ok... I am guessing here (hope I'm not off base?)  is Brush hog yankee for bush hog?   :laf:

I typed Bush hog..... and my wife said you guys would make fun of me......  :laf: :laf:

2 - 750mg Robaxin every 12 hrs. and 1 - 5-325mg Percocet every 6 hrs.
Doc says this could take a while...... he said it wont take much more on that nerve to make me loose the use of my left leg or both.... my left leg is kinda numb right now but he says as long as I am still feeling pain in it..... its a good thing..... :huh:
Sat. will be the first time I think I have ever missed the bow opener....... :sad:
They wanted me to go get a pain blocker shot but I cant afford that...... So we will see....
The Doc. is calling me everyday to check on my progress or lack of......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls