• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Opinions Wanted

Started by Carolina Coyote, January 17, 2011, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Quote from: Okanagan on January 22, 2011, 10:59:31 AM

A typical FP owner post:

Golly I just LOVE my Foxpro.  I salivate all over myself just thinking about it.  I have to hold the remote just right to get it to work past 50 feet, and it scrolls too far, or shuts itself off, but it is a WONDERFUL e-caller that has fulfilled my deepest longings in life.  And FoxPro customer service is WONDERFUL.  I have sent my Foxpro in five times and they fixed it every time.  It still doesn't work but their customer service is fabulous.   Anyone who doesn't buy a FoxPro is an execrable idiot who should be banned for thinking bad thoughts about FoxPro.  Have I told you how much I love my FoxPro?

BWAAAAA!!!!!    :alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:    I just ruined another keyboard!   :alscalls:

That has got to be the funniest post I've read in a looonnngggg time! 

And it is true to boot!    :alscalls:

Carolina Coyote

I hope my request for opinions on the Two Callers does not cause any bad blood between folks, I just have the opportunity to buy either and the only experience I have with E-Callers is with one of the first caller they made a FP38, I appreciate the input and don't want to make anyone mad.  :nono:  cc

Rich

Quote from: THO Game Calls on January 22, 2011, 11:23:20 AM
Mr. Cronk

If you read my post, you will see that I posted what were my opinions based on having used or owned a WT, FP and Minaska, and after having hunted over each of them.   

I also stated that since buying a WT I have not kept up with the E caller business or the sounds as there was no need too.  In short sir, I have a machine that works quite well and that I am happy with.   

I did not come here looking for a fight, or to bash any company or person.  I expressed an opinion based on personal experience and tried to be as honest as I could.   

Please forgive the post about your hearing loss.   It was said in jest to a fine gentleman and apparently was taken wrong.

I apologize. 

AL Woodard
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
www.thogamecallsforums.com
The On Line Resources for Custom Call Makers. 

Edited to correct grammar. 

No big deal Al, I say stuff like that  myself now and then.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Rich

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on January 22, 2011, 11:52:49 AM
I hope my request for opinions on the Two Callers does not cause any bad blood between folks, I just have the opportunity to buy either and the only experience I have with E-Callers is with one of the first caller they made a FP38, I appreciate the input and don't want to make anyone mad.  :nono:  cc
Nah it ain't your fault sir. W.T. threads always cause a stir.
Foxpro Field staff

Carolina Coyote

Thanks Mr. Cronk, I have several of your calls and love them. cc

Okanagan

Quote from: Rich on January 22, 2011, 11:57:53 AM
Nah it ain't your fault sir. W.T. threads always cause a stir.

Yep, e-call threads comparing brands always cause a stir.  Too bad but it is apparently impossible to compare features of e-calls on any forum without it turning into personal insults.  We are actually doing pretty well here at F&F! 

Rich, FWIW, I have always respected you and never considered you part of the mafia.  You have more class.

CCP

QuoteGolly I just LOVE my Foxpro.  I salivate all over myself just thinking about it.  I have to hold the remote just right to get it to work past 50 feet, and it scrolls too far, or shuts itself off, but it is a WONDERFUL e-caller that has fulfilled my deepest longings in life.  And FoxPro customer service is WONDERFUL.  I have sent my Foxpro in five times and they fixed it every time.  It still doesn't work but their customer service is fabulous.   Anyone who doesn't buy a FoxPro is an execrable idiot who should be banned for thinking bad thoughts about FoxPro.  Have I told you how much I love my FoxPro?

I agree that is very very funny.. :alscalls: :alscalls:

Both callers call coyotes that much is fact. Which one you call more coyotes with depends on which one you use the most.

Personally I like simple remotes as in Press button one and you hear X sound and so on. Having LCD screens and the weather channel on my remote does nothing for me personally in a hunting situation. Your style of hunting maybe different so you may want the weather channel model.

As far as customer service Foxpro is very good I have used there customer service 3 times and every time they fixed the problem quickly. The other e-callers I have used I don't know what there customer service is because they never had a problem.

Think about all the people that say Foxpro has great customer service. I have literally seen at least a thousand of these statements around the net, so I would have to conclude there were thousands of problems. This speaks volumes!!

Then again looking here around the house none of my electronic purchases were based on customer service.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

pitw

I still like my ecaller the best  :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

Boy do they got to be itty bitty's, eh.

Well Barry I 'm not sure if its "its itty bitty's " or " itty biggey's.  :confused:

What kind of Electric Can opener do you use for your E=Caller?  :hahaha:  :hahaha: cc

coyotehunter_1

Hey, cc... I would loan you my caller but you have to promise to feed him at least three times a day.  :laf:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Rich

"Personally I like simple remotes as in Press button one and you hear X sound and so on. Having LCD screens and the weather channel on my remote does nothing for me personally in a hunting situation."
-----------------------------------------------------
CCP,
I agree with you on that. I am a "keep it simple stupid" kind of man. The more gizmo's they put in the caller and remote, the more there is to go bad. It seems that a lot of folks like those gizmo's though. 
Foxpro Field staff

Jimmie in Ky

I think Bill Martz has been banned from most sites on the net at one time or another. It wasn't just his price at the time that killed any sale he may have made to me.

And it is much the same with foxpro for me. I get so sick of hearing the Foxpro can cure all your calling problems. If you can't find a coyote get a foxpro and htey come running. What about hunting skills ?

It's because of all this BS that I would only consider the Minaska products if I were to buy an e-caller. Thats just me and my opinion . Jimmie

KySongDog

Hey CC

Quote from: Semp on January 17, 2011, 05:57:20 PM

This topic is sure to generate lots of debate and opinions.   :eyebrownod:

I warned ya way back in the beginning of this thread.   :eyebrownod:   

The W.T. bashing and the Foxpro bashing is pretty much an internet sport now a days.  I haven't seen too much Minaska bashing but I'm sure its out there somewhere.   :laf:

Palegroe

I thought I had to have an e-caller about 3 years ago and don't think I have every used the first set of batteries after meeting all of these guys last year I'm a little embarrassed at my hand call skills so I've been practicing with my new "e-caller" eat then call.  There is not a caller on the market that I haven't heard good and bad about.  I have a primos power dog and I'm not real happy with it it isn't very loud and only works about 50 yards away at best but they do have great customer service if your looking for people to call everytime you get home from hunting.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

KySongDog

Quote from: Palegroe on January 22, 2011, 09:21:20 PM
  I have a primos power dog and I'm not real happy with it it isn't very loud and only works about 50 yards away at best but they do have great customer service if your looking for people to call everytime you get home from hunting.

This thread is making me pee myself.    :alscalls:   :alscalls:   :alscalls:

Carolina Coyote

I'm sure that an E-Caller is not a cure all and I actually prefer Hand Calls, more satisfying when you call one in, I'm sure the call makers are out to make a buck and they are  in my opinion over priced but that is the American way, The E-Callers I have had experience with so far sound like my good Friend Centerfire223 said ( A caned Call ) and as Jimmie pointed out Hunter Skill plays a big part and there are as many opinions about what works best as there are call makers, the main benefit I see for me is to get the sound away from the shooter location to give him freedom of movement and time to observe.
I have really began to enjoy this tread so keep those opinions coming.  :eyebrownod: cc

Rich

"It's because of all this BS that I would only consider the Minaska products if I were to buy an e-caller. Thats just me and my opinion . Jimmie"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimmie,
If you buy Minaska, be sure to get one with the TOA speaker. The thing that bothers me about Minaska is the fact that they sold out to a decoy maker called Flambeau, and the calls are now "MAD" brand. The Borland brothers are real good people, I can tell you that much. I used to be a Field staff rep. for them. I quit when they brought on a guy that I don't get along with.
Foxpro Field staff

THO Game Calls

Disclaimer:

Mr. Cronk, this part of my post is NOT directed at YOU specifically, nor is it intended to embarrass or cause you discomfort in any way.  It is an opinion of the state of the Predator Hunting Industry as a whole, and the quote used is for illustrative purposes only.

QuoteI used to be a Field staff rep. for them. I quit when they brought on a guy that I don't get along with.

This is precisely the reason, IN MY OPINION, no hunter looking for an e caller, rifle, decoy, video, or anything else should EVER take the word of a company spokesman.   People in this industry move from company to company NOT because they want their name associated with the best equipment, but because of personal issues, money, or fame.  What they say often has little to do with putting the best equipment in your hands, and often with putting something in their pocket or discrediting a company that they once worked for and now feel has done them wrong.   

(There are exceptions to this of course, but they are few and far between.  I would say CCP is one.  I would also add that to my knowledge, Mr. Cronk has never said anything bad about Minaska since leaving them, and has in fact, told people they make a fine machine, but he is the exception to the rule in my opinion)

Mr. Cronk, this part of my post IS directed at you.  Please take it as intended, it is not a flame, an attack, or the start of an argument.  It is merely and observation and a point for further discussion.

You came in and made a statement about FoxPro's sound library.   Your statement was quite emphatic, and based on your reputation, you very well might have influenced not only the original poster, but others who lurk and read these boards. 

While Semp did post that your were a FoxPro feild staff, you neglected to make that clear or even acknowledge it until this last post.   As a point of fact, unless Semp had said something, the average person might not have even known.   It is not in your post, your sig line, or your profile.   One cannot assume that EVERYONE who reads these boards knows that you are in fact, associated with Fox Pro in the position of Field Staff, as is indicated on their web page   http://www.gofoxpro.com/community/field_staff/index.php 

In the spirit of fairness, don't you think you, or anyone, should declare, when making statements about competing products, that you or they are indeed associated with the company you/they are supporting?   Recent FTC rulings may even affect what you are able to say about a product or service you are associated without disclosing that information.

Again, this is not an attack, or a flame, or anything other than a point of discussion on how an average hunter should go about choosing a piece of equipment.  Based on the shuffling about of the "big names" in the industry from company to company, what weight if any should they place on statements or comments made by Field or Pro Staff representatives in threads such as this?   

AL Woodard
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
www.thogamecallsforums.com
The On Line Resources for Custom Call Makers.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FOsteology

THO brings up an excellent and valid point.

Rich

"THO brings up an excellent and valid point."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now THAT statement is almost funny. Everyone who frequents this board knows that I am a Foxpro field staff rep. They also know that I speak truth, straight and to the point. THO has a big mouth, and THAT is a true and accurate statement.
Foxpro Field staff