• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Any of you guys tried the Magicjack ?

Started by kurt1022, May 05, 2008, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt1022

I'm not much of a tech guy, but I was up late one night and saw this add, for this a doohickey you plug into your computer and you get free long distance, U.S., and Canada. Well I got on the Internet and checked it out. It all sounded great, but I was still a bit sceptical, got on the site www.magicjack.com and it's free for 30 days if you want to try it. Well, I hate my cellphone bills and being cheap, I decided to try it.

I got the gizzmo about five days later, plugged it into the computer, and damed if it doesn't work !

It is $ 39.95 for the gizzmo and one year service,  $ 19.99 per year for service thereafter .

The draw back is that it did not give me a local number, so incoming calls are long distance to someone right next door, now If I lived a little closer to one of their servers it might be fine. The outgoing calls have gone without a hitch, and are clear.

I can now change my service plan with my cell phone, by about $ 30.00 dollars a month just figuring my long distance outgoing calls that I make at home.

Just thought I'd throw this out, for people to consider !

I try to have a good outlook on life, but some idiot keeps standing up and blocking my view !

Carolina Coyote

I have seen that ad and wonderd if it worked, keep us posted on the incoming calls, how does that work without a local number. cc

kurt1022

C. C. ,

The program seems to hook you up with a sever in your area, I'm in northeast Ohio so it gave me several choice's as to what area code I wanted, but all were long distance from me.  I can receive cell phone calls from a nation wide long distance service without charge, it is the  land line that will get you.

You can also purchase these, register a local number and then send them overseas, they pluggg'em into a laptop, and call home with no extra fee. You can also take this with you on trips and use it wherever you have Internet access. It is just the incoming call that get you, or rather the one calling. I have already told every one to call my cell phone, let it ring a couple times and hang up, I get missed call, and number on my cell and I call them back for free.

You also get voice mail. and call forwarding with this little do-dad.

I try to have a good outlook on life, but some idiot keeps standing up and blocking my view !

bigben

skype call internationally for the same price as long distance.  most of the times when I call people that I meet on boards it is with skype.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com