• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Member screen names intrigue me.

Started by pitw, May 30, 2009, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

We all got a name we sign in with and they kinda intrique me as to why some were picked.

Alscalls kinda speaks for itself like msmith does but there are others I'm not sure how they come about.

5shots is that how many it takes at most coyote stands.

Blueduck is there such a thing.

Baconnut kinda/sorta speaks for itself

Finsnfur is trying to tell me the price of hides.

Tikanni I'm still trying to find in my dictionary

Huntncarve really makes sense after you have seen his work.

Coulter is an instrument up here to open a furrow in the ground so I guess he shoots low.

Hawks feather intrigues me as I'd like to know which one.

Silencer I think I could figure out if he didn't talk so much.

The varminter section I think I've got but cathryn has me stumped.

Hammer I'm guessing is like wishing.

Lorddal I haven't figured because of the Charles part.

Canine is as easy as coyote101 but possumal isn't.

The first time I saw Todd Rahm I thought of a sheephunter

Golfertrout is just as easy as Coon Hunter.

If I've made you cranky I'll apologize now but I don't have a radio in my sprayer so I have time to think a lot.  If you wish to explain your name I'll enjoy.
pitw
I say what I think not think what I say.

LORDDAL

well Barry mine is from my roleplaying days I had a character I played all the time named Lord Dalamar Darrius and I just carried the Lorddal over it was either that or use my Nick name Loki cause I have always been a practical joker so I earned that name even got a Tattoo of it on my right arm in old germanic runes and mirrow imaged in regular letters right about my Mandolorian Mercs metheasosaur skull Tattoo so yeah I am a geek from way back in the day from duengons and dragons and paintball to computer hackin with a war dialer im just your OLD SCHOOL NERD  :roflmao: :roflmao:

besides just look at my avatar one of my heros is the crazy pilot from THE A TEAM how old school can ya get after that  :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

alscalls

As you said Barry some are easy some are not.......
Alscalls is what it is cause if I sell ya something you aint happy with I want ya to know who to send it back to and I WILL bend over backwards to make it right.
But what the heck is PITW? I am sure I could come up with an acronym for it but I would rather know the true story......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: alscalls on May 30, 2009, 07:51:30 PM
As you said Barry some are easy some are not.......
Alscalls is what it is cause if I sell ya something you aint happy with I want ya to know who to send it back to and I WILL bend over backwards to make it right.
But what the heck is PITW? I am sure I could come up with an acronym for it but I would rather know the true story......

Well Al I've been spraying now for 15 years and ever since I started I'd pull into a field and the farmer would meet me to talk and invariably they'd say go to it but we are probably just pissing in the wind.  When I bought my own machine and needed a name it just seemed natural to call it pitw.  It works well for other customers as well cause when I pull into a known religous persons place and they aask what it means I say "peace in the world".  For the customers that can squeeze a nickel so hard that it becomes a Loony I tell them when they ask what it means "Price includes the water".
  So now you all know.
Barry

cathryn

frshwtr

first forums i ever posted on were for saltwater fishing, me being new to that part of the sport told it like its was; therefore frshwtr.

Tikaani

Tikaani means wolf in Athabaskan, the language of the natives people that inhabit this area.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

vvarmitr

Quote from: pitw on May 30, 2009, 07:59:16 PM
 For the customers that can squeeze a nickel so hard that it becomes a Loony I tell them when they ask what it means "Price includes the water".
Having a Dad that could squeeze silver from a penny I find that hilarious!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

BTW What's a Loony?  :wo:

Quote from: Tikaani on May 30, 2009, 08:08:45 PM
Tikaani means wolf in Athabaskan, the language of the natives people that inhabit this area.

John

Now that's cool!  ;yes;

pitw

A Loony would be any Canadian politician or our Canadian one dollar coin.

FinsnFur

Silencer I think I could figure out if he didn't talk so much :roflmao:

We had a guy last year I think who went by Arse. Even showed up at one of the LBL hunts.
Met Bopeye, and never logged in again. :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BlueDuck

BlueDuck as in the movie  "Lonesome Dove".   He wasn't a very nice guy, but it had a ring to it.

KySongDog

Semp is short for Semper Fidelis which is Latin for Always Faithful and is the motto of the U.S. Marine Corps.  I was in the Marines from 1966-1970.   I started using that name years ago and I only use it online. 

Hawks Feather

SITW (Spraying in the Wind),

Mine came about in the early 70's when I was enjoying the black powder trade.  I made smoking tomahawks and somehow feather became the second part of the name - Hawk's Feather.  I really can't remember how or why, but it was a trade name that I used.  Quite a few of the people that I knew then just called me Hawk since I was the one making them.  When I started making calls I just kept the name of Hawk's Feather and sign most, but not all, of my calls Hawk.  While you can't see all of the hawk it is in this picture - along with a feather.   :biggrin:

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Semp on May 30, 2009, 09:27:36 PM
Semp is short for Semper Fidelis which is Latin for Always Faithful and is the motto of the U.S. Marine Corps.  I was in the Marines from 1966-1970.   I started using that name years ago and I only use it online. 

Man am I glad I didn't write down what I was thinking about this one :doh2: :innocentwhistle:

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 30, 2009, 08:37:43 PM

We had a guy last year I think who went by Arse. Even showed up at one of the LBL hunts.
I do miss Arse.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

Quote from: Bopeye on May 30, 2009, 09:47:48 PM
Quote from: FinsnFur on May 30, 2009, 08:37:43 PM

I do miss Arse.  :eyebrownod:

Speaking of glad I didn't guess well I was afraid of getting one from Bop.

coyotehunter_1

Back in the early days of the internet hunting boards I started out using the moniker Coyote Hunter but soon found another person was using that handle. :doh2: To avoid any possible confusion I decided to change to something else. I figured coyotehunter_1 would be pretty appropriate since I was the first guy crazy enough to try calling coyotes in my area. Besides “that darn crazy fool that hunts coyotes” was just too much to type.   :rolleye:

:biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pitw

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on May 30, 2009, 10:07:01 PM
Back in the early days of the internet hunting boards I started out using the moniker Coyote Hunter but soon found another person was using that handle. :doh2: To avoid any possible confusion I decided to change to something else. I figured coyotehunter_1 would be pretty appropriate since I was the first guy crazy enough to try calling coyotes in my area. Besides “that darn crazy fool that hunts coyotes” was just too much to type.   :rolleye:

:biggrin:

I hear this one as I didn't think there were many coyote hunters anywhere until I got on the net.  Wow you guys are crazy.

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI didn't think there were many coyote hunters anywhere until I got on the net

pitw, I know where you are coming from too. :wink:
Over the years the net has brought many of us together. I first encountered guys like Bopeye, my coyote hunting partner, on the old Shade Tree. I do believe it was also that same board where CCP and I became acquainted. Later on other sites I became friends with many other fine folks, some are here on FnF today. Internet birthed get togethers like the LBL allow us to meet fellow coyote hunters in the flesh. :highclap: With the .www at our fingertips our world is a lot smaller than it was just a few years ago. ;yes;

QuoteWow you guys are crazy.

When it comes to hunting coyotes, being a little crazed isn't a requirement... but sometimes it does seem to help.  :laf:  :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Silencer

Kinda like Lordal I didnt role play but years ago I played Blackhawk Down / Delta Force on-line and was with a group called Bowhunters 4 Life.  To join the squad you had to have picture proof of a buck bow kill and come up with a name dealing with bowhunting.  They were a great group of guys, A few owned their own archery shops.  Havent spoke to them in years, BHD/Delta Force isnt even around anymore.  I should look up a few of them and see how they're doing.