• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Member screen names intrigue me.

Started by pitw, May 30, 2009, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I used to be all into grouse and quail hunting. That's were I got weedwalker.

Bills Custom Calls

bnccont ok now lets break that down
B-N-C Contractors

How Weedwalker ever came up with baconnut out of that,I have no Idea  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

5 SHOTS

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on May 31, 2009, 04:34:03 AM
bnccont ok now lets break that down

I always thought it meant Bobcat N Coyote CONTrol  :biggrin:

While filling my pockets with ammo one day, my dad told me "you don't need more than five shots, if you can't kill it with them you should be using a knife"
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Bills Custom Calls

5 Shots I never looked at it that way but you could be on to something there  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  Interesting stuff for sure.   I always figured pitw was short for Barry.  :shrug: :laf: :laf:  

I always used my 1st name on Forums until I joined a rimfire site one day. I used HaMeR as a way to mess with another internet buddy from another site. Then when vvarmitr told me to check this site out I decided to join. But I thought it would be fun to mess with him a little & signed up under HaMeR.   My handle comes from the venerable 17HMR round.  I've shot a ton of groundhogs with it & once I started using the 20gr XTP rds & took head shots only I couldn't believe how hard that little rd would hammer em.   :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

Quote from: HaMeR on May 31, 2009, 07:54:02 AM
:laf: :laf:  Interesting stuff for sure.   I always figured pitw was short for Barry.  :shrug: :laf: :laf:  

Me too some complicated Canadian word.......... :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Okanagan

Yep, interesting info.  Semp I understood correctly, with respect, and though I didn't know the meaning of the word, knew where Tikaani was coming from.  Okanagan is the Canuck spelling for a tribe, their language and the valley and river where they come from.  It straddles the border and is spelled differently on each side.  Kind of like Chippewa and Ojibwa is the same word, as spelled by different Europeans trying to spell what they heard spoken.  Anyway, I used to live in the Okanagan area and when I needed a screen handle the first time I ever logged into an Internet forum, the old Shooter's site, I used it on the spur of the moment and have never changed.

msmith

Seems Barry has mine figured out. I  didn't think anyone could figure out that acronym...msmith = Mike Smith, mean, indestructable, tall and handsome.  :eyebrow: OK, OK, it's my first initial and last name.

With all of these interesting handles, I feel somewhat generic now. However; when msmith is already taken, I go by the handle Lineman.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

golfertrout

CCP

Mine came about from a stay in the hospital. They were going to put a catheter in if I didn’t pee. I told them I was peeing already but they said they had to see me pee. So when I had to go and pee I screamed see, see pee !!

Well not quiet how it came to be. CCP actually has 2 meanings. I had a cap with Coyote Control People on it and a number. Then when coming up with a name for the CO. Aaron came up with CrowCreekProductions because we were driving by crow creek and talking about the first coyote I killed when I moved to the area was from there. So CrowCreekProductions it was and CCP I am.

QuoteI do believe it was also that same board where CCP and I became acquainted.

Not sure of the board but do remember you sending me a picture of a setup outside of Nashville on a hunt you did. Dont remeber when the shade tree went down but do remember it seemed to be Nov 2001??? my first week on the web and was on a webtv little did I know then I would spend so much time on the internet. I went by PLUMBRICH for a long time as in the Plumber named Richard.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

slagmaker

slagmaker came form my grandpa. I was forge welding some metal and he called me a slagmaker. Due to the large amount of slag sparks I was making. I was trying to figure out a good screen name one day and looked up and there was a pic of my grandparents, all of a sudden the name popped back into my head and there you have it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vvarmitr

The first "V" stands for Victor.
The rest is from my license plate ...

Hawks Feather

Victor,

Glad to see that the snow is letting up on your side of the state.

Jerry

coyote101

When I first joined FnF I was brand new to coyote hunting. I hoped to get a basic coyote hunting education from more experienced hunters on the site. Kind of like a first semester freshman in a beginning level class. I was taking Coyote 101 at FinsandFur U. That's my story.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on May 31, 2009, 09:00:08 PM
When I first joined FnF I was brand new to coyote hunting. I hoped to get a basic coyote hunting education from more experienced hunters on the site. Kind of like a first semester freshman in a biginning level class. I was taking Coyote 101 at FinsandFur U. That's my story.

Pat

Geez I guessed that one wrong too :doh2: 
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

FinsnFur isn't trying to tell you the price of hides. He's trying to tell you something, you got that part right, but it isnt the price of hides. :laf: :laf: Naaaaaa I'm harassing ya.

FinsnFur came cause thats the short version of the sites name. (FinsandFur)
Back when I was trying to come up with a name, and buy a domain for it, I had a lot of good names. Unfortunately most of them were takin.
The one that sticks out the most, and I really had my heart set on it was HookandBullet. But it was taken, still is in fact and they have yet to put a domain on it.

Just think instead of all you guys being FinsandFurians, you could of been HookandBulletians. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 31, 2009, 09:47:18 PM

Just think instead of all you guys being FinsandFurians, you could of been HookandBulletians. :biggrin:

Keep on telling yourself that and you might start believing it.

Coon hunter

I go By coon hunter , well because I coon hunt . EVERY CHANCE I GET. :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Quality Whole sale and customer Taxidermy

Coon hunting  Its a passion .

mandi48

well mines pretty easy...mandi is my name, and the 48 is for jimmie johnson  :biggrin:
I am not a murderer, i am a hunter

alscalls

jimmie johnson ......................... :puke: :puke:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls