• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Planning a Youth Promotional Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 20, 2009, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

With the inspiration of a couple forum members we are currently working on setting up a Youth Promotional Hunt Contest.

The goal;

• To inspire more youth to get involved in our board and our sport.
  • Encourage them to share photos and stories as proudly as we do.
  • For us to be able to answer questions for them and encourage them along the way.

The contest will be based on submitted photos of game taken by youth (ages to be determined) and a story written by the youth his or her self, must be accompanied.
I strongly advise against moms and dads, propping their children up against this years backyard buck for a photo and writing a story for them.
This contest will be based on the youths experiences and photos as he or she experienced in their own words, only.

Full details and rules will be outlined in the actual announcement upon launching the contest.
Right now, there's four categories being considered

• 1. Best Picture  (any species)
  • 2. Biggest Doe
  • 3. Biggest buck/rack
  • 4. Biggest Spike

As this thread progresses I believe it will be revealed that this contest is going to be very different then anything we've held so far. With some great dividends falling to each category winner. :eyebrow:
The only hint I can give right now is that FOsteology is the top sponsor of this event thus far, and for those of you that have seen any of his posts, you'll see where this is going. :eyebrow:
I'll let him, tell you the rest when he is able to.

Which brings up my purpose for this preliminary contest post. If any of you would like to contribute to this event in any way what so ever, you can help us make this contest an even greater success, something that our youth will eagerly look forward to getting involved in, and recruit some youth to take part in our sport.

What say you's? :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JohnP

Good idea and count me in as a contributor.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FOsteology

Quote from: JohnP on September 21, 2009, 11:28:38 AM
Good idea and count me in as a contributor.

Excellent! Appreciate your support.

alscalls

I think its a great idea......especially the (any species)  Part ....... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HuntnCarve

FOs ran this by me earlier.  I'm in! 

Dave

Bills Custom Calls

You can count on me in anyway to support this contest just let me know where I can help
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Anything I can do I'll do.  Young people need help and some of them even remember where they got it. :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Silencer

I can provide some youth to participate.    Devon wants to use his new mentored youth permit terribly !!!

Thanks all involved  :yoyo:

FOsteology

That's wonderful that several of you are stepping up to make this first ever FnF Youth Contest a memorable success. When you have time, please PM Jim and let him know what item(s) you would like to donate to the prize collection.

I'm covering the Grand prize (to be unveiled soon....) as well as donating a couple other items.

iahntr

Sounds cool. I wished I knew more kids to participate, I'm gonna have to try and think and maybe come up with some.  :confused:
I think it's a good idea. Looks like there's plenty contributing for prizes, I'd be glad to come up with somethin too if needed, As long as we
have some time to get it done.
Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

Scott, you could always quick have a couple kids :innocentwhistle: :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

I have been waiting to post and since it looks like the calls have been pretty well covered, or I think that they will be, I am willing to kick in some money to the pot for whatever is needed.

Jerry

coyote101

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on September 21, 2009, 02:51:56 PM
You can count on me in anyway to support this contest just let me know where I can help
Me too.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 23, 2009, 05:34:39 AM
Scott, you could always quick have a couple kids :innocentwhistle: :eyebrow:

:shock2:  That's pretty much outta the question !!  :nono:
Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 23, 2009, 08:11:06 AM
I have been waiting to post and since it looks like the calls have been pretty well covered, or I think that they will be, I am willing to kick in some money to the pot for whatever is needed.

Jerry

That's kinda what I was thinkin too. So let's see what there is for entries, and go from there.
I'll be glad to do what ever, so if Jim, FOs, whoever, ya come up with somethin, let me know.
Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

Were kind of trying to get a basic idea of what were going to have to offer, so that we can coordinate it all between the four categories.

I've only heard back via PM from two people.

What are your thoughts FOsteology?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

I've only heard from HuntnCarve. He's building a call for the youth contest and once it's completed, he'll be posting a picture.

In order for Jim and I to layout the contest, and determine how many categories to include, we need to determine the prize list. Again, for those who have graciously indicated they would like to contribute/donate please PM either Jim or myself with specifics.

Much obliged!

iahntr

Scott