• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Guess I'm Getting Lazy....

Started by FOsteology, October 10, 2010, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Had a doe and a 3pt buck well within cross-bow range of my ground blind Friday evening as the sun was setting. Decided to pass as I simply didn't feel like dragging out a deer 1/4 mile to my truck in the dark. Let alone the skinning, gutting, quartering and getting it on ice as it's still warm here (was in the mid 70's).

Either I'm getting lazy, or a bit wiser/pragmatic as I get older?
  :shrug:

KySongDog

I'd go for "a bit wiser/pragmatic as I get older".    :laf:

The heat is the killer.  You made the right choice. 

vayotehowler

Wiser, shot a doe a few years ago in 70 dgree heat and it was horrible, bees all over carcass, wasnt alot of fun. openeing day i was ready to leave by 12 right after my nap( see va archery opener post) and by the time the evening rolled around was ready to not have to do the work. I like the work but as o get older it is more like work

Hawks Feather

I am going with wiser.  We have to check our deer before we can process them and unless you have a refrigerated area large enough for the deer (I don't) it is a little risky to leave the carcass out that long.

Jerry

vayotehowler

we have fon check here in va . kill it call it clean it freeze it . off work tom and going in the am . mother in law coming to take kids to school . she not to hgappy wife said about coming down( :whew: :shrug: :shrug:) whats a guy to do scheduled off back in july . wife changed her schedule and knew i was off so it her fault   :doh2::alscalls: :alscalls:. hopefully no more :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:, but i do wake up with game around me so maybe i should , to draw em in :biggrin:. freezer is full so may donate to hunters for the hungry

Hawks Feather

We are a year away from phone and internet checking of turkeys and deer.  There are many of the bow hunters around here that are really waiting for that to happen.

Jerry

alscalls

Always hunt close to the truck if your gonna bring one home...... then never shoot unless they are pointed toward the truck..... And ALWAYS leave the tailgate down in hopes they load themselves..... :laf: :laf:
I can relate... :laf: :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

What if Mother won't let me drive  :shrug:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Then you wouldnt have had an accident in the first place Bill.

I'm thinking it was a wise decision too Fos, this heat is nuts for one thing. Been over 80 here the last few days. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Yup, plenty of time left to get freezer meat, don't like the blowflys on the meat. cc

vayotehowler

Fins u not joking about the heat 48 when I went in this am and 81 when i left at 115. and blowflys have moe protein than the deer(yecccchhh but its true. Few years back went to Australia. I had wichery grubs and 2.5 inches long and as big a u thumb . We were on a aboriginal walk. We also had Kangaroo, emu , crocodile and Barramundi. best fish I ever had . Roo is kinda like venison. grudbs were awesome and......     I dint  have to fix any of  in any kind of heat