• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Traditional Archers

Started by weedwalker, January 24, 2011, 07:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Any of you all into traditional archery? I found these DIY longbow kits. They're almost finished already. Just a little work on your end for a nice bow at a good price. I think I'm going to try them out this spring.

http://www.gibow.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=274

securpro

Wow... Those are some nice bows and what a great price. $99 for two custom made bows ,how do ya beat that deal. I can see a Long bow and a Shorty in my future  :eyebrow:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

weedwalker

I thought it is a great deat. They have several lengths to chose from. And 2 bows for $99 can't be beat. I'd have to get a few of the extras like the handle and limb tips but still a good deal. Some sanding, staining, and polyurethane and you have a good looking bow. My son is a great artist too. I'd probably have him put a design on it before I coated it with the polyurethane.

weedwalker

They have a 175# bow there for sale too. $200. Nobody in the factory can shoot it. :nono:

pitw

Quote from: weedwalker on January 25, 2011, 09:24:34 PM
They have a 175# bow there for sale too. $200. Nobody in the factory can shoot it. :nono:

I hope you didn't break it  :sick2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on January 25, 2011, 09:24:34 PM

I'd bet this guy could pull it.   :biggrin:

securpro

You could make one of those midevil crossbows outta that 175 lb bow :eyebrow:,I had a 90lb recurve once but I could only shoot it 3 or 4 times before it kicked my arse. Don't have it any more :rolleye:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

lilman

why buy them when you can make the yourselves????????????????????????? :confused:
lilman the bass slayer