• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Benchrest shooters.

Started by Palegroe, January 22, 2012, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palegroe

I am building this shooting rest and thought I would share some pics to see what everyone thought and see if anyone had any improvment or suggestions.  Also I am kicking around the idea of building a few to sale because a few buddies of mine are wanting to buy this one.  Would anyone be interested in buying one if I do build more?

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

KySongDog

Looks pretty good to me.  What is it made out of and what kind of price are you thinking of asking for it?

FinsnFur

Wow...Nice!
Looks like we got us a CNC Operator.
Is that aluminum?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Possible suggestion:  From the images I can't really tell the size, but I also have a couple of rests - one a Hart and an older (sought after) Sinclair model so I am not looking to get another.  I installed one of these on my Hart model http://www.rwhart.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=RWH%2DN%2DH125B and I really like it.  Good investment for $9.50 since it makes turning the top higher/lower much easier.  Maybe your model already has this installed, if not you might want to consider it.  While I don't know how much you really want to put into the rest which results in increased pricing, I also like the ability to make windage adjustments without moving the gun stock or rest.  If it is aluminum, what is the weight?  While light weight might be useful for someone who is just sighting in a rifle, I like a heavy model for benchrest.

Jerry

Palegroe

Its aluminum, and the base is 1inch thick and started as a 12x12 piece its a hair under after I got all the edges cleaned up.  The only parts that aren't aluminun are the nuts and bolts and the dowel pins.  On the bathroom scales it weights 13 lbs.  Yes Hawk Feather I did put the bearing in it and have ordered a bull lever for it also.  The tree holes you see in the top plate are where a linear way mounts and there is another piece with a linear bearing on it with a setup for windage adjustment.  I don't have that part done yet but I am going to make it where I can mount my bag to either plate.  I have ordered a protektor owl ear bag the model 2 or 3 I can't remember.  I am checking on material cost to put together a figure for a price if I do decide to make more.  The only down fall is if I order the material at work I will have to order enough to make about 12 of them.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

Palegroe

If I build them to sale I'm going to ask $300.00.  I know this sounds high but aluminum that thick is pretty high and you have to order 12 feet at a time as the minimum order.