Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: The TractorGrease Cafe
« Last post by pitw on Yesterday at 06:37:23 PM »
So do ya ever grab your hang glider and jump off the edge of them roads for a look see? :wo:
I'll bet that would be fun and with all the thermals you could probably land back at the car. :fingerx:
or not. :mad3:

I've ate off greasy tractors. :biggrin:
The Tailgate / Re: Hey Jerry & Glen
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Yesterday at 06:04:28 PM »
John,

I am sorry to read your post or any other post that has the name John Kasich in it.  I think you also misused the term Republican with his name. Him showing up on left media and stating that as a Republican he is opposed to Republican policies I would not be surprised by anything. Kasich yo-yo's on support/opposition on firearms and right now is probably siding with whoever he thinks will give him the most support.  While he did help get some jobs in Ohio he made SURE that he got all the credit for each and every one of them.  I usually don't vote for democrats, but I also would not vote for him for anything - unless it would be for him leaving the United States.  He will run for who knows what and when that happens I hope there is a spot for 'none of the above' - which is what I will vote.

Jerry
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: The TractorGrease Cafe
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 10:48:35 AM »
I'll bet they serve some darn good food.
The Tailgate / Re: Dang Bufflers!
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 10:45:43 AM »

Big old guy

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tried to get her to get closer to him but just could not convince her that it was safe.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Two days later a man was gored and tossed into a tree at the exact same spot, tried to get her to go back for more pictures but all I got was dirty looks.  Her sense of humor has not improved much since then. 
The Tailgate / Hey Jerry & Glen
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 10:26:09 AM »
 Is this true, I copied it from another site.  There is a bill in the Ohio House banning "Assault Weapons" and High cap magazines. This bill has the endorsement of Republican Governor John Kasich.

John Kasich, you know, that guy who cast the deciding vote on the AWB in 1994. That guy who flipped an NRA rating from an "F" to an "A" riding the wind. And "riding the wind" is what this professional politician does. He doesn't really care, only about what furthers his personal future.

This SOB will likely take another shot at president. Remember that name.
Freshwater / Re: IF....
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 05:12:10 AM »
Yah you can lol
The Tailgate / Re: GoPro 130 mig flux wire welder stopped feeding wire
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 05:11:35 AM »
Well THAT had to make your day. :eyebrownod:
WD-40 isnt fond of sub zero temps either but Im sure it was better then China mud grease.
The Tailgate / GoPro 130 mig flux wire welder stopped feeding wire
« Last post by Coyotes-R-Us on February 22, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
  :shrug:
The other day   our wire feed welder stopped feeding wire.

Dang it. It sounded like the gears had stripped.

No mater what I did I could not get it to feed :confused:

Came in and looked all over the net and found a new feed unit.

Great and only $20 no freight. I ordered it.

Bad part is it is in China and will be mid May when it gets here. NUTS, Really need it before that.

Today I went out and took the whole thing apart .

Got the feed unit open but could not get it out with out cutting some wires. Did not do that, took the feed unit apart in place , no easy chore, to see if I could do anything. All looked ok but still did not feed.
I hooked up the power to the unit and had the top cover of to watch it turn.

The grease they use is so thick in the -0 weather it would spread the gears apart when it tried to turn.

I used some brake cleaner to clean it out and to thin out what I could not get out. Put some WD40 in and put it all back together. Started at 10:30 and had it back together at 1:30. AND it seams to work fine still have the new one on order we will keep it and use it as needed. :highclap:

We got our some wire today too. :innocentwhistle:

Predator Hunting / Re: Side tracked
« Last post by snafu on February 22, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »
I can't fathom hunting your terrain. I use to be part mountain goat but not anymore. I'd probably need my elderly mother's help? Land I hunt is most all open rolling crop hills for many miles around. With scattered timber, streams, & ponds. If I were to catch sight of one out on the open hills. Then dead lion. I'm not getting any younger, but I'm not quiting.

As for the 4 coyotes had I been hunting them? I would've give them a go. One was sleeping around 350+yrds out off the road. The makings of a good prone shot. Would be nice to hear of a fresh lion livestock kill. So I could use my walker for a shooting platform. I'm not above stooping that low. :biggrin: 

Good hunting to you.
Predator Hunting / Re: Side tracked
« Last post by Okanagan on February 22, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
Hey snafu, good to see your post.  Stick around and let us know more of your doings.  I'll bet you fish or cook or do several things better than I do and I'm always interested in how other people go about stuff. 

I hear you on poor snow conditions, at least for most of this winter.  We've had two tracking snows since Christmas, and I've gotten out twice, though I've missed the best due to other grown up responsibilities, drat!  Today would be excellent:   cold and clear rare sunshine with a half inch of new snow last night about dark, but today I am driving to a family event too important to miss.  My first day out I hit two lion tracks, one a day old and the second one a smallish adult, very fresh but I didn't find it till just before dark, too late to do much with it.  I would have been back at dawn but had a prior commitment.  I wish that you and I could head out together today.  Snow stopping at dark is perfect and allows a whole night for animals to move around and make tracks in it by dawn the next morning.   

That fresh cat had wandered back and forth down a 100 yard stretch of old road, plus I cut his tracks two other places within a quarter mile radius on other spur roads through clearcuts and old growth forest.  When we find a cat that is wandering, he is either hunting, or more likely with this many tracks in a small area, he has a kill nearby and will stay fairly close for four days or so till it is eaten.

The day old track I'd found earlier was a quarter mile from the last batch of houses and it was travelling, tracks lined out striding along without jogging aside to look over  a bank nor sniff something.  Cats like that are almost impossible to call because they are moving so steadily and covering so much distance quickly that it is hard to catch up close enough behind them for them to even hear a call sound.  If the roads allow, a man might get ahead of them and set up. 

I found an odd isolated camp as well, and went back a week later to check if the person was OK.  I found fresh tracks again, so he was alive and I decided that the person simply wanted privacy so never got out of my vehicle near the cheap little tent and snow covered vehicle. I stopped my rig nearby and called out to ask if he was OK but nobody was there, judging from tracks.  The tracks both times I visited had been made early in the day and followed the same route down the mountain into unbroken forest with nothing down that way but a river a half mile down with no trails nor roads on the near side of it.  The through road is way high on the side of the valley at that point, above his camp.  Each time I was there in late afternoon and neither time did his tracks return uphill.  Curious.

Nattering here when I should be packing for my trip.

Anyway, good to see your post.  Best of luck!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10