• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another feeder robber varmint passes on.

Started by Ladobe, January 04, 2007, 01:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Gotcha ya vermin!   Pellet pistol at about 20 yards - head shot.   

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

Pretty good shot for a pellet pistol ...or were you aiming for a leg?  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Good shot! I got to find me some places to shoot some pigeons I love eating them little buggers.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

First it was Beavers, now it will be pigeons being eaten.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

keekee

Bopeye

Excellent shot Ladobe...... :wink:
Pigeons are good eating. We have a big problem coming in my clay bays to roost for the evening. We will shoot a few dozen with pellet guns and then have us a bbq.
One of my guys shot one just like that picture yesterday.......kind of spooked me when I saw it at first...... :wink:

Robins go real well with pigeons..........whip up some white gravy and biscuits and you have a feast.............OH BABY!!!! :biggrin:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Ohhhh my gawd  :rolleye: Do they have Pizza and Spaghetti, Burgers, Tacos, stuff like that down there or do you really have to eat the beavers and seagulls?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Jim -  Thanks for the vote of confidence coach.   Nevermind that I have been an avid hand gun hunter for over 35 years, or that the target pistol I have easily gets head shots done NP, even quite a bit further out.   

:hahaha:   Even you could do it with this pistol Jim.    :laf:  :laf:

I'm with you Jerry.   Just fertilizer for the garbage truck unless you gents want to pay the shipping to you.   Will admit eating their eggs as a kid on the ranch though.   But I hate disease packing Rock Doves, and they raise cane at my wild critter feeders.   Have even injured some of the wanted species while fighting over the feed I put out.   So they all get the death sentence and this one just joined about 3 dozen others from the last month.

Have about 60 Gamble's Quail, 200 or so Mourning Doves, dozens of species of song birds, 3 species of hummingbirds that didn't go south with the other 6-7 species and the 4 baby cottontails born in a bush out back this summer that hang out at my place at least from dawn to dusk and flock to my feet when I go out to fill the feeders 2-3 times a day.   

Get the occasional fox, coyote, tarantulas, scorpions, lizards and any of four species of rattlesnakes too, but I don't set them a place at the table. 

No doubt the quail, doves, bunnies and snakes would make good tablefare, but they's my friends and all get a free pass here at home.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Jimmie in Ky

I pretty well bring it to a hault when it comes to possum. But most other critters make good table fair. You should go to a fellas frig for a drink and find a snapping turtle in there Jim.  Most folks around here that still make a burgoo, do it with everything but road kill  :eyebrownod: Mmm Mmm. Jimmie

CCP

I cant believe you guy's don't eat pigeons! I wont eat  robins Bop, meats to dark. If you  eat a Cornish hen you will like pigeons.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Well, I'm not going to apologize for liking dark meat.........so there...... :eyebrownod:
Legs and thighs are all you need..........but not on a robin. The breast is all you can use.....legs and thighs are a tad small.

Hawks Feather

Are you talking about the robin that has a red breast and is on the federal song bird list?  Is that the ones you are eating?  If so, make sure you eat the feathers with the bird so that there is no evidence of you breaking a federal law.  Either that or put the feathers by your neighbor's house so that they will think his cat ate it.

Jerry

CCP

Not sure Hawks Feather if it is the same I don't eat them but tried one many years ago. I know alot of the Cubans in south FL. used to eat them a lot. Of course this was all in the early 80's.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 05, 2007, 10:25:56 PM
Are you talking about the robin that has a red breast and is on the federal song bird list?  Is that the ones you are eating?  If so, make sure you eat the feathers with the bird so that there is no evidence of you breaking a federal law.  Either that or put the feathers by your neighbor's house so that they will think his cat ate it.

Jerry

Glad I quit eating Robins about the same time I quit smoking pot. Could've been a real mess around here..... :biggrin:

However, my wife's uncle was busted about 10 years ago with cocaine, a sawed off shotgun and an owl in his freezer..............which do you think landed him the most time?

Yep.....you guessed it...........the "illegal owl". TRUE STORY!!!!  :eyebrownod:

KySongDog

I believe it Bobeye.  They'll pretty much put you under the jail for taking an owl around here.  Gets a big frown from the Fish and Wildlife CO's.  Brings up images of a crucifixion.

Semp