• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Through the ice

Started by FinsnFur, January 06, 2010, 11:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Forgot to brag about my first "through the ice" excursion for 2010.

Set out alone to try out a new spot yesterday morning, man it was so beautiful out there.
I walked through the woods and at 7:40 am 16 degrees below zero and not a soul in site...this was gonna be a good day no matter what happen.
All of a sudden a coyote runs out across the ice. :doh2:

[smg id=220]
click to enlarge

By about 10:00 am I was beginning to realize why I was out here all by myself. :iroll: The wasn't a fish for 50 miles from where I was setting on that bucket. :laf:

But I hung tight.....It beat any alternative. And within the hour I had a few morsels laying next to my bucket.

[smg id=221]
click to enlarge

By 11:00am I could detect my personal sanctuary was about to be overcome as footsteps in the crisp snow slowly made their way through the woodline towards me. I hate when that happens :doh2:

As the locals began to drill holes symmetrically around me in a perfect parameter as if I was gagged and bound to my bucket and they were about to send me plunging to the bottom of the cold murky waters to meet my maker, I said to myself...I said self....why do you throw your fish on the ice and then squall when the natives come running and gather round like wolves on a carcass, auger in hand?

I decided to let them have the place and surrendered before I started to get mouthy.

And this was what I ended up with for a nice lil supper. And mannnnnnnn was they good. :biggrin: :yoyo:

[smg id=222]
click to enlarge

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Nothing like solitude for the soul eh.  Glad you got out after them and even better that they fed you :yoyo:.  Yep advertising isn't always a good thing either :nofgr:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Nice day on the ice Jim, I was out Sunday only one rainbow and a few nibbles, my luck when it comes to fishing, nice time though.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Todd Rahm

Man I love the ice fish'n. Nice job Jim.  I better get my gear out and see if I can catch some of those fish.

Wait, I don't have fish like that up here.  :doh2:

alscalls

Man I miss eating yellow perch!!!!! .........Sounds like a great time Jim........ :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

check out this 21inch rainbow my duck huntin partner got the other day..

I gotta get my license this year and get back at it... last year was a bad year for me, I can afford the license now but come summer I wont be able too.

Todd Rahm

Nice. I understand that license thing too man. I need to go tomorrow and I think fork out $70 for my hunting/fishing/trapping license, then pay for the tags as I go. Plus I just put in for the drawing permits for myself and wyatt (my annual donation).

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 06, 2010, 11:30:34 PM

Never go ice fishing without your rifle.   :nono:

iahntr

Quote from: Semp on January 07, 2010, 06:04:55 AM
Quote from: FinsnFur on January 06, 2010, 11:30:34 PM

Never go ice fishing without your rifle.   :nono:

I bet people wouldn't drill there holes as close to ya either with your rifle layin across your bucket.  :eyebrownod:

Sounds like a good time, looks tasty !
Scott

FinsnFur

Rifle laying on the bucket. :laf: :laf: I never thought of that. That would be good.

It'd be even funnier if ya had to get all Clint Eastwood and fire a warning shot  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

Scott

JohnP

Ice fishing, one of my favorite passtimes here in  southern Arizona.

P.S.  It is 63 here today :laf:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

63 :nono:

John never has to tend to the hole freezing over while he's fishing :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

topdawg

next time you go and you think you will have company take a road flare. a wick, and weight .... just wait till everyone gets there hole drilled than just tie the weight on the flare lite the wick, drop it in and watch em scatter....they will fish on the other side of the lake from ya next time lol  :shrug:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

Quote from: topdawg on January 07, 2010, 02:12:54 PM
next time you go and you think you will have company take a road flare. a wick, and weight .... just wait till everyone gets there hole drilled than just tie the weight on the flare lite the wick, drop it in and watch em scatter....they will fish on the other side of the lake from ya next time lol  :shrug:

:nono: Boy that would get em running. Never realized how much a road flare looks like dynamite until you said that.  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

topdawg

my grandpa used to have a buddy that was a game warden...he would tell him he had a turkey trout line just to tease him... the warden would never come out to the farm because he was afraid he would catch grandpa breaking the law lol......one day he decided to go fishing with papa, as paps was loading the boat he put a few flares in a bucket and loaded them in the boat {flares with wicks} the warden almost shit him self  :biggrin:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care