• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Two days in the Alaska Range (pics)

Started by Tikaani, March 13, 2010, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Rode in about fifty miles early Thursday morning to just explore and spend some time enjoying the mountains.  Rode out before the sun came up this morning to catch the sunrise.  Put on over 220 miles in a couple of days.  Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John

Caught this cow with her calf out of the corner of my eye

Finally the last picture of the trip, what a pain to get a picture of yourself when your by yourself.

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Bills Custom Calls

Nice pics John

I can only imagine a trip like that
Thanks for taking me along
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Coulter

Awesome pics John...thanks for sharing :biggrin:

Steve

GunDog

John I'm just about lost for words. That is some beautiful country to say the least. I love the wilderness as much as anyone I think and ain't afraid of nothing, BUT, when you ride that deep into the back country you don't worry about something going wrong or a breakdown in your equipment? I love offshore fishing but when we're gonna be 100 miles offshore for a day or two it sure is nice having a buddy boat along with you. Thanks again for the pictures, they are amazing!

pitw

John you be the most self reliant person I know :readthis:.  Absolutely unafraid to go and enjoy some of the most beautiful and isolated country in the world all by your lonesome and then have the wonderful thought of sharing :bowingsmilie:.  Thank you ever so much for being you and packing me and the others along in your pocket :yoyo: :yoyo:.  How many boo do you see there?.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bopeye

Absolutely beautiful country.

I'm with some of the others on the having a set to go out like that alone. Bravest guy I know.

Awesome ride along.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

QuoteAbsolutely beautiful country.

Without a doubt  :yoyo: I find myself looking for your post every time I log in hoping you have posted some more pics. Keep it up, we are enjoying every pic. :highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

What a pain to take a pic by yourself.  :laf: :laf:

Yeah it is....and like Barry mentioned, I cant tell how much it's appreciated that you take the time to take any pics at all when your out there alone. Very much appreciated. :yoyo:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:shock2: OMG what a magnificent place! Thanks for the pics, nice to get a taste without the travel! Please take a camera with you for the rest of us to enjoy later!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyote101

Great pictures John.  :yoyo:

Quote from: Bopeye on March 13, 2010, 09:19:35 PM
I'm with some of the others on the having a set to go out like that alone. Bravest guy I know. 
:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

What do you use for shelter while you're out?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Very nice pictures John.  :yoyo:  :highclap:
Like the others have said, Thanks a bunch for
puttin em up. We really enjoy them.

I'm trying to judge by the strides in the snow
how many seconds the timer is on your camera.  :innocentwhistle:  :laf:
Scott

Tikaani

Pat,

I have a tent made by Alaska Tent and Tarp called an Arctic Oven, it has an exterior fly and an insulated interior.  It also has a small wood stove, it measures 10' x 10'.  I bring it depending on whether space permits or number of days I am out or weather dictates, otherwise my bag and a tarp.
I have been thinking about going out again in a few weeks to the valley in the picture with the front of my snow machine, there is a lake about five miles in.  I will bring the Arctic Oven, my ice auger and my ice fishing pop up and fish for lake trout.

John

This is not my tent but it is set up the same
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

KySongDog

I echo everybody's enthusiasm for your pics, John.  Great!!!   

Curious.  What is the range (in miles) of your ski-doo?  I suspect gas stations are few and far between.   :laf:

HuntnCarve

John,

What a wonderful adventure!  Thanks for sharing!

Dave

coyote101

Thanks John. Looks like fun. Good luck with the lake trout. Stay safe.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

I can only hope that when the Lord takes me he will swing by and show me that great land........ WOW!
Thanks John.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

QuoteHope you guys enjoy the pictures.

How can we not??!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  That is some nice country. I would like to see it in person someday.

It wouldn't bother me to make a trip like that here but not up there:nono: :nono:  Plus I would enjoy making mine in the Spring more I think.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bambam

Okanagan

Absolutely gorgeous photos of fabulous country.    You made an amazing trip.  Thanks for posting the photos of it to let us in on it.

JohnP

Thank you for the trip.  I felt like I was there, so much so that I had to put a jacket and gloves on. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs