• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The weather it do change.

Started by pitw, April 09, 2010, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Yesterday morning the weather here was clear and sunny with this fellow singing the praises of a new day.

This morning things are a mite different and that fair weather fowl is no where to be seen. :argh:

While I'm cooped up in the house with an irritated wife, a boy with more energy than what is produced at three mile island, a boy who hasn't stuck his nose out of the blankets yet[He mustn't have ate what I did :innocentwhistle:] and a boy who lost his job Tuesday due to downsizing.  I thought I'd show some pics of Betsy[Last years mothers day present] and her calves.
Betsy and Roy.

Archie

Tommy[Kinda sucks having to name a calf Tommy cause all the turkeys got other names :innocentwhistle:]

I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Man that bites about the weather. But hey welcome to the planet. If you dont like the weather dont worry you wont like whats comming next either.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jimmie in Ky

I heard about Oregon last night and wondered how much you got out of it. Down here below the Mason dixon we have nice sunny weather with light winds today. Got that big dead elm down yesterday and life is very , very good down here  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

pitw

Jimmy I just finished a plate of Nacho's with some cheese I traded a Hutterite out of and I must say life is good here as well :biggrin:.  Gotta love having a reason to spend the day on the couch.  Our oldest boy Tevis called and said he was stuck on the back road so I told him he still has legs and that seemed to set him off on a mite of a tangent but better him than me walking. :wink:

HaMeR

I got a sunburn Monday.  :laf: Then Tuesday came!! Sadie bar the door baby!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: 10-15mph winds all freakin day with gusts up to 34mph!! It was almost 70* & cold.  :laf: :laf:  Spring time weather Barry!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Sounds like you are living in Ohio.  If you don't like the weather today just wait till tomorrow . . . . it will be different.  We had record highs a couple of weeks back and that was nice.  Highest temps since last August.

Jerry

JohnP

Bounced right around 80 today with a slight breeze off the mountain top. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Wow, now thats a blizzard.
We got some snow but it wasnt near that much, and all gone the next day.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

I mowed my grass Thur. and this morning I have to defrost the truck......... :laf:
But I should have my garden done this weekend...........
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Started with the winter storm warnings at 8pm last eve and is to continue through the day.

Wife dumped an inch of water out of the rain gauge last night[before it froze and broke] and another 7/10ths this morning and it had a cap of snow on it so there must have been more. :pout:  Been another 4 inch's of snow mixed with rain since then so I'm figuring we got about 2.25 inches of water in the last 23 hours which would be more than we have had since July 26th last year.  Most beautiful sight in the world to me and my customers right now :biggrin:.

Hawks Feather

Looks like some of those low spots that were starting to dry up will have a little more water in them.

Jerry

Silencer

going to be a good year for waterfowl youngins with all that water  :yoyo:

Jimmie in Ky

Yep, I would say you can get started with teh fertilizer as soon as this dries up.  I will bet your sitting theere counting your money right now  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo:  Good to hear you're getting the moisture Barry!! I hope it doesn't all come at once tho.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Thanks guys.  Jimmie I even ordered up a hay mixture of fertilizer to put on my home 1/4 cause we are now at about 2.75 inches of moisture.  This won't run off and fill the low spots like it does down in the south country I was in.  Our ground actually holds the water in it making it available to plants for some time.  [L] I had to even go get the bus unstuck as it couldn't move on the snow as it just pressed it down into an icy pad.[Note to self; wear mitts next time].

FinsnFur

Wear mitts next time :rolleye:
I bet my hands get colder then your in the snow...I got more fingers :alscalls:

Looking at all that snow makes me realize how good I actually got it right here only a short skip off the Canadian Border. Heck tonight I went down to the river and did some casting with my beer gut exposed. :eyebrow:
Soaking up the sun, having a big, I say having a big time.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 14, 2010, 08:18:20 PM
Wear mitts next time :rolleye:
I bet my hands get colder then your in the snow...I got more fingers :alscalls:

Looking at all that snow makes me realize how good I actually got it right here only a short skip off the Canadian Border. Heck tonight I went down to the river and did some casting with my beer gut exposed. :eyebrow:
Soaking up the sun, having a big, I say having a big time.

Glad you got out with the beer gut and all.
My hands never got cold until I lost that damb finger.  The stub now freezes getting a coke out of the fridge. :madd:

FinsnFur

Preheat it for 30 to 45 seconds in your nose :wink:
Hey it works for pizza's in the oven :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

I rode a 360 mile round trip to my dads on the bike. Got my bald head sunburned.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

msmith

Thanks for the pics Barry. Sure makes me miss the snow already.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAH!  :alscalls:

At least you guys have normal names for your calves. Our kids give ours morbid names like T-Bone or Bergie (short for burger). Seems they always have food on their mind. LOL
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori