• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I sure am having fun. . . NOT

Started by Hawks Feather, April 12, 2010, 09:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I came to Columbus last night and spent the night with friends.  That was the good part.  Right now I am in a Panera Bread (having a coffee) and waiting for Adobe to start a webcast on the new CS5 Photoshop.  I can't afford it, but wanted to see it.  This is a busy place but is rapidly being cleared by 10 women who are having a gab fest.  I swear if it were a bar everyone would think they were plastered and didn't know any better.  As it is, they are EXTREMELY loud and don't seem to mind what they say or who they say it about.  They have knocked Phil Mickelson and his wife "why didn't anyone tell them to get a room" during his celebration after winning the Masters yesterday.  "You know she has cancer."  "Does having cancer make you horny?" "Was that her real hair?"  "I don't think it was, it was WAAAYYYY to neat."  "Well if it was a wig it wasn't a very good one.  I have a good one that she could have borrowed."  They then started on a woman that was walking toward the store and continued while she came in the door (about 5 feet from where they are sitting).  That continued while she was in the store and the people that are here are all looking at them - sort of wondering what the hell she did to them.  I have no idea if the lady was planning to stay here or not, but she left.  Their hysterical laughing doesn't really vibrate the windows, but anyone that was close to them have moved to this side of the store.  I am on the other side of the store, about 50 feet from them, and have earplugs in listening to music while I am on here and I can hear them like they are sitting in my living room - maybe better.  I am going NUTS here!   Right now the topic has turned to sausage.  Started as hamburger, quickly changed to sausage, stick sausage, more hysterical laughing.  That half of the store now has no one left and the people that haven't left are all on this side of the store.  I have turned my music up as loud as I think I can without destroying my ears and I can still hear them.   This CS5 presentation had better be SUPER.   :madd:     :madd:      :madd:

Jerry

P.S. I just got all excited as one got up and put on her coat - they are LEAVING.  WRONG, she just was getting cold and the topic has changed to ways that should could get warm.  (Shoot me please!)  I probably should add that these women are all in their 50's and 60's and appear to be pretty much middle class.

Hawks Feather

Update:  Panera is getting with the program.  They started playing music through the speakers and have been turning it up rather quickly.  Now between their music and my earphones I can't hear exactly what they are saying.  They don't look happy about the music - maybe they will leave.

pitw

Man do I wish I was there :wink:.  There is nothing and I mean nothing more entertaining than turning hoity toity people on each other with a few well placed shots across their bows.  Jerry get with the program and have some fun there. :readthis:
Other than that what is it you need to know about photosho :confused:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

It seems one runs in to more and more rude people these days.    :rolleye:

I have a tendency to get rude back at them.  So they probably say the same thing about me.   :laf:

Jimmie in Ky

I find it much easier as I get older to be a prick as my son like to call me. Folks have forgotten about having manners and once in a while they need reminding. So I am with these two, have one hell of a good time on them  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

THO Game Calls

Perhaps you should read The Great Santini ( at least the first chapter ) by Pat Conroy, and henceforth, never venture into public without a can of mushroom soup in your pocket.  

(I think Semp will understand if no one else does)

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

I think if Barry was there, I'd be wetting my pants :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

I woulda sat beside them & leaned over & aimed in their direction every time I farted.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:shrug:  But hey!! That's just the prick in me.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 12, 2010, 02:04:21 PM
Perhaps you should read The Great Santini ( at least the first chapter ) by Pat Conroy, and henceforth, never venture into public without a can of mushroom soup in your pocket.  

(I think Semp will understand if no one else does)

And don't forget the spoons.   :wink:

Bopeye

Sorry about your day Jerry.

Oh and the spoons are the most important part. Gotta lick them clean as well.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

:holdon: I'm seeing a side of Jerry I've never seen before!  :shock2:

FinsnFur

Quote from: vvarmitr on April 12, 2010, 07:30:19 PM
:holdon: I'm seeing a side of Jerry I've never seen before!  :shock2:

Wait till they start bad mouthing Becky. Were gonna see a side nobody wants to see. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Good Lord he was a principal a lot of years. Don't you remember your principals? There was a lot of bad boy in those suits.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

It turned in to an interesting time.  People would come in the front door, hear the loud music, and look up at the speakers.  The next thing they realized was that not all of the noise was coming from the speakers and would quickly shoot a look at the table.  I think my hearing is getting better because about every five minutes I would be able to hear more of the music from the speakers and less from the ladies (used that term very loosely).  About 10:30 they got up and went outside and interestingly enough, the music from the speakers quickly dimmed and became very soft background music.  On the way out I asked for the manager and when he came (with a wondering look on his face) I said that I just wanted to thank him for allowing the music to overcome some obnoxious sounds that were in the store.  He smiled and said, "You are welcome."

Jerry