• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sorry Pat.

Started by pitw, April 14, 2010, 09:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

But I have to relate this experience that happened on my way to Regina.
  As some of you may know I have a mite of a problem with authority type figures  :shock2: and on our way to Regina on Sunday eve I had an experience I just have to share with you.  Mandy was driving down Highway 11, a divided road with a speed limit of 110Km.  She had the cruise set on 110 exactly as she never speeds and while driving along a RCMP truck pulling a trailer with two quads on it was coming along to merge with us.  They pulled on the highway behind us and then within a mile they pulled out to pass.  Now the only way they could do that is to speed, right :argh:.  They passed and signaled to move back into the right lane but I noticed their trailer signal light didn't get bright or dim as they did so.  I had to give Mandy a little incentive [Threatened to fire her] to catch up and pull along side the truck where I motioned for them to pull over :holdon:.  They started slowing and pulled on to the shoulder with us right behind pulling to a stop, I reached over and put on the hazard lights.  Getting out I did my best cop impersonation by hitching my pants, readjusting my hat and sticking my chest out so the nipples actually hurt :huh:.  Walking up to the drivers window I placed my finger prints on both the trailer and the end gate of the truck and about when I touched the truck  the passenger decided to exit the truck, so I sternly said, "Please remain in your vehicle".  He did :eyebrownod:
  I got to the drivers window and stood just back of it so the driver had to crane his neck to look back at me  :biggrin:.  I asked if he knew why I had wanted them to stop to which he replied "no" :nono:.  I stated that They had been speeding and that their trailer lights were not all working.  Well boys I'm here to tell you I had more fun playing gestapo with these two of Canada's finest and in the end they laughed at my antics and promised to watch their speed but I suggested they pull their trailer off the road and leave it until it could be safely pulled down the road and they looked at in shock at the idea[They never seem to mind making us do that though].  They were heading for Davison which was 70 miles down the road so I stated I'd follow to make sure they got there without incident and they agreed that would be better than me trying to press charges. 
   Following them was much fun as you couldn't tell from the back that it was a "cop" vehicle and many people doing over 140 klicks would get up beside them and then on would come the brake lights.  By Davison we had at least 40 vehicles in our convoy and I pulled out to pass them before their turn.  Going by they both gave me the thumbs up and were laughing so I hope they learned something as well from the experience :wo:.
  Man it is so much fun to pull stunts like that on the spur of the moment and beats the [L] out of any radio or recorded entertainment :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Whew!  If that's a true tale you have way more guts than I do!

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on April 14, 2010, 09:37:36 AM
Whew!  If that's a true tale you have way more guts than I do!

When you are in the right you have nothing to fear but fear itself :readthis:.  Having fun is at the top of my priority list so I look for situations to do just that. :biggrin:

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Jimmie in Ky

Just remember on your next trip south , we don't have a sense of humor in this f'n country.  :nono: Jimmie

Hawks Feather

So, do you think they have your license number and have shared it with the rest of the RCMP? 

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 14, 2010, 01:21:32 PM
So, do you think they have your license number and have shared it with the rest of the RCMP?  

Jerry

Could be they got it when we drove past them at Davison as we only have plates on the back but I don't care as you always have to be ready to face the consequences for any action  :wink:.

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on April 14, 2010, 09:02:32 AM
    Getting out I did my best cop impersonation by hitching my pants, readjusting my hat and sticking my chest out so the nipples actually hurt :huh:.

ROFLMAO! :alscalls:
OK!...that WUZ good!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

You're a funny man Barry.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

msmith

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

THO Game Calls

This is what they do to you for "skipping down the street" in America.   

Can you imagine what they would do to you for pulling them over?

http://www.fandome.com/video/117792/Video-of-Cops-Brutally-Beating-an-Innocent-Maryland-Student-After-Duke-Game/
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 15, 2010, 06:59:04 AM
This is what they do to you for "skipping down the street" in America.   

Can you imagine what they would do to you for pulling them over?

http://www.fandome.com/video/117792/Video-of-Cops-Brutally-Beating-an-Innocent-Maryland-Student-After-Duke-Game/

Freaking WOW.  I can now understand more about the fear of authority I witnessed down south after watching that.  I also understand more of the militia talk I read on the net as that was just plain insane.  Them fellows didn't deserve firing they should have been hung from the nearest high point :confused:.

iahntr

Freakin clown !  :doh2:  :alscalls:   That's hilarious.
But I have to say Barry, I have yet to meet anybody from
your country that's in any type of authority figure with ANY
sense of humor !  :pout:   :nono:
Scott

pitw

Quote from: iahntr on April 15, 2010, 02:43:10 PM

But I have to say Barry, I have yet to meet anybody from
your country that's in any type of authority figure with ANY
sense of humor !  :pout:   :nono:

I would tend to agree that 99.[infinite nines ending with an 8] of our "authorities" are mite humorless :wink:.  However when faced with a total idiot that could possibly make a dent in your work history file by being a complete dick[They were in the wrong legally] or actually taking the opportunity to enjoy life with a smile for a bit because of same said idiot :innocentwhistle:.  These fellows chose the good road and out here we actually end up playing sports with most of them so they are a little less menacing than citified units :wo:.  It's actually pretty amazing how talking with some of these people can actually show a different picture than they present to Joe public.

iahntr

:laf:  so true Barry, and I'm glad everybody in this scenario had a sense of humor.  :eyebrownod:
That was a good one.  :highclap:
Scott