• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

All packed...

Started by Coulter, April 17, 2010, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

and ready to roll. Just waiting on my ride for our 3 day back packing trip now. Rain, snow and high winds forecasted...should be fun :biggrin: See you guys in a few days.

Steve

Bills Custom Calls

Have fun and don't forget the camera
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

Steve,
I hope ya have a BLAST my friend......... Enjoy!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on April 17, 2010, 04:55:45 AM
Have fun and don't forget the camera

I'm anxious to see pictures.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Sounds like fun, and you usually do bring back some cool pics. Looking forward to those.
Be safe.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Have fun & we await those great pics Steve!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Yep, the pictures will make it seem like we were right along with you.  Have fun.

Jerry

Coulter

I made it back...a bit sore yes, but still alive. What an awesome hike! The last three miles absolutely killed me...straight down hill steep grade dropping over 1000 feet within 2 miles! Most of that portion of trail was also a dried up stream bed with rocks from fist size to boulder size and everything in between. What a workout on the calves. Other portions of the trail required careful footing as well. There were a few sheer drop offs of 800 + feet straight into the Pine Creek Gorge with very eroded deer path for a trail and nothing more. Spectacular views and well worth it. Unfortunately, I wasn't about to lug my camera 30 + miles through that terrain and I don't own just a small point and shoot type camera...I will for the next trip though. My hiking partner did bring a camera and snapped a few shots...including one of me putting up my bivy tent at the end day two...I was absolutely exhausted after hiking 13 miles through steep ascents and descents. I was ready to call it camp at mile 12, but it was a really poor area for a camp with only a trickle for water. When he sends me some of the pictures he took I'll post 'em up.

Next major trail will be the Black Forest Trail in the same area...it has a reputation for being the toughest hike / packing trip in PA. It is 47 Miles long and the trail profile rivals some of the best roller coasters out there...straight up then straight back down again for most of the trail. That one will have to wait til September.

Steve

pitw

Well thanks for letting us know you survived  :biggrin:.  Sounds like the reason I live where I do[remember I'm lazy :doh2:].  Looking forward to some pics and if I was to say order a new call would that help with the point and shoot :shrug:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

Quoteand if I was to say order a new call would that help with the point and shoot

Of course it would Barry...but you do know you have an order in for that Fusion already right? Or is that just your way of reminding me to get to work on it :wo:

I'm just as anxious to see some of the pics as you guys are. You know what my favorite part of the trip was...actually being in the wilds and not knowing what was happening in the world. Being completely shut off from civilization and basing your next rest/campsite on the amount of water it is able to supply is much more to my liking than what I do every other day. Roughing it is a real eye opener, especially when you're getting low on rations and your partner keeps bringing up pizza, steaks, beer and other goodies we take for granted.

Anyhow, I'll be starting on that Fusion for you tonight Barry.

Steve