• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Well it started.

Started by pitw, April 18, 2010, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

My spraying season that is :innocentwhistle:.  Today was kick off day for spraying fertilizer and I first had to put water in Mandy's sprayer for the spring pressure test[this can always be exciting as well as impressive to see just where water can turn into ice breaking neat little parts] and it didn't take long to realize that her pump was humped :doh2:

An hour later it looked much better.

So it was time to fill with fertilizer with the latest in technology to help.

I had brought out a few pumps just to make sure we had enough sucking power.

Then it was off to work for the machine.

I should have taken the seat in the sprayer :doh2: cause I ended up having to pick all the rock off the field :sad: :pout:.

Oh well got it done  :laf:.  We had one more small wreck as an air conditioning belt flew apart but as I carry a multitude of parts that only took 15 minutes to fix too. :biggrin:  Tomorrow we have three customers to place fertilizer for on 800 acres then 2,000 acres for a fellow who bought a $300,000 dollar machine to save money but has no one to put in the seat :doh2: :doh2:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I know what your saying, I go nuts when my pump gets humped. :doh2:
By the way, someone left their Bic on that rock. :shrug:

So what are your temps averaging up there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 18, 2010, 09:39:32 PM
I know what your saying, I go nuts when my pump gets humped. :doh2:
By the way, someone left their Bic on that rock. :shrug:

So what are your temps averaging up there?

Our average mean temp is 30F  :biggrin:.  It got up to 65F today and I had to strip and lay in one of the snow banks just to keep my cool  :whew:

Bopeye

That's pretty cool Barry. Sorry about your "humped pump", but I would be happy myself.  :innocentwhistle:

It was just 65 degrees here today as well.  :doh2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Last week you had snow and today you start spraying.  Next thing we know they will be taking off crops and you will be headed back to the LBL.

Jerry

iahntr

"And they're off ! "  :congrats:
Here's to a good season.   :yoyo:
Scott

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 18, 2010, 10:09:05 PM
Last week you had snow and today you start spraying.  Next thing we know they will be taking off crops and you will be headed back to the LBL.

Jerry

I'm ready to quit already :doh2:.  Oh well in a week it will all be like normal so I guess I'll keep plugging away. :innocentwhistle:

alscalls

Dont Quit !!!   Jobless is a VERY boring Occupation.  :laf: :laf:

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Hope your problems end for the season with the humped pump Barry!! Good Luck & hope it's a safe one for ya!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

Quote from: alscalls on April 19, 2010, 06:34:30 AM
Dont Quit !!!   Jobless is a VERY boring Occupation.  :laf: :laf:

Hang in there Al, turkey season is just around the corner lol.
Denver                                           

Jimmie in Ky

I figured as soon as the snow was gone you would be at it big time. I think if htey caught a farmer going down the road here with booms that long they would pull him over and fine him  :biggrin: Of course they would have to go to the river bottoms to turn they blamed thing.

My local co-op got bought out by a larger company  :rolleye: No longer have much of a selection there, Barry. All they had was generic roundup and 24d. Sucks out loud for a fact. But thye did have hte cheapest roundup I have seen . Jimmie