• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Finally got to post pics and say thank you

Started by slagmaker, May 04, 2010, 08:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

A few months ago, Well it was at the LBL. I was talking with Coyote101 aka Pat and in the course of the conversation it was brought up about cooking over a fire. Pat learned that I dearly wanted a camp oven.

Well a couple weeks after the LBL I receive a package and in the package was an object of my desires.

I finally got to use it and wanted to post pics of the goodys I had a cooking.
Comming out of the fire

And whats inside

One delicious peach cobbler. Thank you Pat. I wanted to make a cake in it but due to time constrants it ended up being a peach cobbler.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Wow, I can almost smell that :eyebrow: :yoyo: And I sure hate to be the guy that had to clean that pot. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Cleaning that pot was easy. Turn it over and everything fell out. Good seasoned cast iron cook wear is nonstick if ya use it right. The dark burned looking stuff around the edge is not burned. It's a carmel made form the butter and sugar used to make the cobbler

the recipie is very easy
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
3 cups or one large can peaches or fruit of your choice

mix together the sugar flour and milk. Melt the butter in the bottom of the oven and then pour in the sugar/flour/milk mixture then pour in the peaches. If your cooking in a dutch oven cook with heat on top till you reach the desired doneness. about a half hour

alscalls

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... I love cooking like that!   ..........Well when my wife cooks like that...... :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

slagmaker

Nothing like cooking over an open fire. I had also made a stew/roast in my bean pot but I didnt take any pics of that.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

LLLLOOOOOONNNGGGG Gone. But!! I have another cook out comming up in the neat future so it will be used to make desert again.

coyote101

You're welcome Bear. I'm glad to see it being put to good use. I bet the cobbler was delicious. Bring the oven with you to LBL next year and demonstrate your skills. Oh yeah, bring the knife too.  :innocentwhistle:  :innocentwhistle:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

If I can go to the LBL next year I will bring my cooking irons and I will make meal over a camp fire.

iahntr

Scott

vvarmitr

Man-oh-man, I loooovvvee peach gobbler!

Dutch ovens are so cool. :biggrin:

JohnP

Sure does look good and I'm sure it tasted good.  Haven't used ours in a long time.  Just may dig it out for tomorrows meal.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Diane just made chicken,mashed potatoes,rice stuffing, & a mixed pot of veggies & now I'm hungry again slag!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

markTNhunter

mmm MAN  that looks good food cooked on an open fir is hard to beat! :highclap:

slagmaker

Only thing I cant make in that 10" Dutch oven is a 12" apple pie :biggrin:

Heres a trick for your next camp fire:
Take a gut of bologna and turn it over a fire. As the Bologna starts to warm it will swell. When it starts to sweat cut it on a diagnol in 2 directions. Take some of your favorite barbecue sauce and heat that over the fire till it starts to just give you a hint that its gona bubble. Then brush it on and let it soak in. If you do it right you can but an entire bottle on and very little sauce will drip off. The results are quite tasty.

Any left overs can be fried with eggs in the mornings.

Bopeye

Thanks a lot Slag!! Now you got me wanting to scratch and sniff the monitor.  :wink:
Looks good brother. Way to Pat, you're a goodern.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

Quote from: Bopeye on May 05, 2010, 10:16:08 PM
Thanks a lot Slag!! Now you got me wanting to scratch and sniff the monitor.  :wink:
:laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

FozzyBear

That sounds like you mite have lrond the dloney trick from some one we know very well . :innocentwhistle:

slagmaker

You know exectlay who I learned the bologna trick from