• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Saturday's Hunt

Started by Bills Custom Calls, January 28, 2007, 07:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

We started out for a late afternoon and early night.There was 4 of us Badtothebone Kdog Blackfish And Me.I had just picked up a new spot to hunt so we went there first we seen dog tracks that were about 1 day old and that was it nothing came in.We had time for one more daytime hunt so we went obout a mile by the way the crows fly so we are getting set up. Badtothebone went to the farthest spot so while in motion he ducks down then we all follow.not sure of what was seen we get the ok to move in to our spots.
Kdog is the youngest and one of the newest to pred hunting so we decided he could call this stand.
After about 5 min in I see movement but no way can i shoot this thing is moving right into Badtothebone.we made plans to pull this set at 4:30 so we could go back to the house get a bite to eat and gear up for night hunt.At 4:30 Rudy's gun went off. he came up to us carring a ground hog :roflmao:
Kdog s calling sounded pretty good but we decided to change his name to hogdog he is the only one i know that could call a groundhog right ou of hibernation.
Then our first set after dark we walked to from the house which is about 6 or 7 hundred yards from the ground hog hunt. We seen nothing on this set,but we heard yipping over where the groundhog was shot.
The second night set produced nothing the third We Got Busted after about 10 min of callingthose red eyes were in the fence line and gone that quick no shots fired at least I know we are doing something right.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Calling groundhogs out of hibernation, now that's good stuff there.  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com