• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

good techniques for monster flatheads

Started by yotehunter1, January 28, 2007, 04:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotehunter1

Back home here in kentucky I have had a tremendous ammount of sucess here in the last couple months here on my home lake on Barren river lake. I have caught 8 flatheads over 40 pounds in may and june using trotlines with 8 odd hooks that I bought from bass proshops on both trotlines and rod and reel on Live bluegill or green sunfish or garyleyes. I have located them along bluffs adjacent to deep water. They are nesting this time of year and it is ithe best time to catch them. Good Luck.

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

fuzz624

Yes it does.I love catching those monster flatheads.Bluegill is about the best bait that i have ever found.

FinsnFur

We use creek chubs up here on the Mississippi. And fish for them through the night.
Cant say I ever gone out this time of year though.

Biggest one was 52 pounds and it was 49 inches long. My buddy fought it for what seemed like an eternity, and half of that time he swore he was snagged on something  :eyebrownod:

When he finally got it to the boat, there I stood with the spotlight shinning it down into the murky water when this thing that literally looked like a corpse swayed into view  :shck:

He says reach down there and grab it by the lower lip and see if you can flip it into the boat.

I said  :pout: screw that!...Gimme the pole and you stick your hand in it's mouth  :huh:  :innocentwhistle:

It just about tipped us over once we did get it in the way it was thrashing, we lost one tackle box due to it, and headed for shore  :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com