• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hot Day At The Lake

Started by weedwalker, May 29, 2010, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

NO !!! The fish weren't biting. And my arms are sunburnt to a crisp.

I only had one good bite. I was throwing a 1/4 oz black/blue jig & pig on a heavy spinning rod. It was just a slight tick but I set the hook. It felt solid for a split second, then the reel broke off in my hand. :shock2: The fish took off and jerked my reel up to the 1st line guide. I could tell it was a decent fish then. My son was in the boat with me. I told him to hold the rod while I tried to reel it in with the broken reel. It took about 10 minutes and after getting my hand scrathed all to hell from the broken edge, we finally managed to get it in the boat. It was 5 lbs 2 oz. Not my biggest bass but the biggest I've caught out of that lake. It's definatly one I'll remember. :eyebrownod:

Bopeye

Very nice Ed!!  :highclap:

When you texted me that picture today I was driving with my dad and couldn't say much. Sorry brother.

I can honestly say I have never caught a bass that big. A few three pounders, but that's about it. Sounds like a very fun day. Hope your arms get to feeling better.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

I enjoyed the story a bunch :yoyo:.  Great fish by a tried and true method :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

shaddragger

:yoyo: A pig on the jig-n-pig!! WTG WW!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

iahntr

Nice one Ed !!
That one will be one you'll remember for sure.  :biggrin: :yoyo:
Scott

FinsnFur

Snapped the reel off.   :alscalls: WTF?

Now that's clearly a female and loaded with eggs.  So if you guys are just now getting those......... :confused:

Rick223 and I were on the river most of the afternoon ourselves. He caught one fish and I had one hit.....all afternoon.
Definitely poor fishing.

That is a hawg though nice fish and it sounds like you earned it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 30, 2010, 12:39:52 AM
Now that's clearly a female and loaded with eggs.

Yeah Jim, I kinda figured they were already done spawning here. The water was 81*. But her tail was still worn and bloody from nesting.
Just a couple minutes before I hooked her, a bass about her size came zooming right past the boat in hot pursuit of a 6" shad. I wondered if it was the same fish.
That's the only one we caught all day too.

FinsnFur

:confused: I just dont get it. I've never seen it so unsynchronized and so wide spread.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Nice fish Ed, hot day on the lake is better than the best day at work.   :eyebrownod:
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

possumal

Way to go Big Ed.  Better quit buying that cheap WalMart equipment though.  :laf: :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

alscalls

Nice one ED!   Glad your getting some time off.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cb223

That is a nice one. Way to go!!!
CHAD

Jimmie in Ky

Nice one Ed. Been a long time since I have been fishing much less caught one like that.  :yoyo:

I am not too surprised that spawning was delayed some. With all the rains we have had messing with the water levels it could have messed things up a good deal. Most of the flooding did happen just before they should have hit the banks down here. Although the blue gill catfish and shad spawns seem to have been right on time. Jimmie

KySongDog

Just saw this thread.  Nice fish, you 'ol coyote magnet!   :congrats:

HaMeR

Nice bass Ed!! And a heckuva job landing it!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11