• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First big bow

Started by Tappen, June 24, 2010, 10:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tappen

Well as the title says, i got my first big rainbow trout the other day, fish with a couple buddies of mine on a local lake, caught alot but this was the biggest, and lucky me it was mine :) the scale told me 5.2 pounds, thought i think it could be off a bit, however the scale dont matter to me, it was a good experience and an even better feeling :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Todd Rahm

NIce look'n fish Tap. I'll be getting the boy out this week off to chase a few of those.  ;yes;

FinsnFur

Nice job :congrats:
Now thats the kinda lake trout I like to catch :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Nice looking fish and many of us wish that we could catch one that was even half that size.

Jerry

pitw

Finally someone caught a fish I recognize :innocentwhistle:.  Way to go Tappen and may I ask where :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tappen

Quote from: pitw on June 25, 2010, 06:37:52 AM
   Finally someone caught a fish I recognize :innocentwhistle:.  Way to go Tappen and may I ask where :biggrin:.

sure barry :) it was at a lake not five minutes from my house called Figure 8 Lake, its a real nice area to fish and camp.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: Tappen on June 25, 2010, 12:43:34 PM
Quote from: pitw on June 25, 2010, 06:37:52 AM

sure barry :) it was at a lake not five minutes from my house called Figure 8 Lake, its a real nice area to fish and camp.

Ok young feller it's time for your edication to start :laf: :laf:.  Never, and I do mean never tell someone on an open board where your spot is :nofgr:.  Thesw goofs and especially the close ones will home in on that spot like Ravens on lambs :wink:.  You could pm the information or better yet invite the person over[99.9% of the time they'll pass on the invite and the other0.1% you can lie your way out of it :eyebrow:].  Thanks for the great tip though :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tappen

haha, im not to worried about people coming all the way up here for a rainbow!

Okanagan

Quote from: Tappen on June 26, 2010, 07:08:03 PM
haha, im not to worried about people coming all the way up here for a rainbow!

There are Texans and yuppies who would pay 10K to catch a fish like that, especially on a fly rod.  You don't know how good you got it!   And that's good.

Thanks for the pic.  Enjoy what the country around you offers.   It sounds like you are.