• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Have You

Started by Bills Custom Calls, September 26, 2010, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Ever had one of those days

Well atleast I got out of bed ok
It looked like it would be a good day to drag some tree tops out of the woods and get ready to cut some more fire wood,but where I was headed has always been a favorite spot for deer to bed,so I take the camera along.
I stop the truck get out walk around a bit and seen nothing.I head to the second spot but I still can see the first spot and wouldn't ya know it a nice buck takes off yes I had my camera in hand and ready to take a pic but where I was standing now all I could see was most of the rack  :doh2: I should have went home then but I really need this fire wood and it is a nice morning for this kind of work yeah right I back down in the woods a bit hook a chain on this downed tree cut the tree from the stump and now I am ready to pull this one out where I can get to it.Things start off great then the truck slides sideways into a tree smashes the side of the bed in breaks the tail light out.I stop look this over a bit and get away from the tree and come on out.
I go back for round 2 but this mess I have to cut right there cut about a half a pickup load of wood and the chain quits moving on the saw  :mad2: I load up and come home.
Well Chris picked up a new faucet for the kitchen sink and would like it changed after looking it over a bit I see a trip to Lowe's is in order I really hate this store I am pretty sure I won't find what I need and will have to talk to someone that knows  less about plumbing then I do and I know very little.
I go straight to plumbing dept.and the young feller asks if he can help,well yes I tell him this is what I have and I need to go to this yep this is what you need. I head to the check out and stand  in line for 10 minutes now it is my turn to check out and the cashier looks at me and says I am CLOSED  :shock2: :mad2:
I said WTF you were open when we got in line Chris said we been standing in line for fn 5 minutes the cashier said go check out out customer service and we are grumbling all they way over there and even when we get there,at least I got the right parts and the faucet is in and working
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Yep, been there, but fortunately not in the past couple of days.

Jerry

Huntinbull

I feel for ya bud. Had one of those days on Monday. My best friend got married on Sunday the 19th and after the reception we loaded up the box truck he owns with the tables and chairs I had borrowed from my church. Monday morning I take the tables back by myself. 46 trips up and down the stairs later, I get ready to leave and find one of the driveways blocked by two dump trucks due to some construction on the street. I look at the overhang above the driveway and could have SWORN the sign said eleven feet. I am about halfway under the overhang when the top of the truck starts to scrape. I try to back out from under but the truck wont back up. SOOOO, I pull forward, bringing about half the overhang with me. Tore up the front edge of the box on the truck. Ordered the new corner caps for it and got some lumber and am in the process of rebuilding the overhang on the church.

Oh well. Guess I can try again next time.

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

Bills Custom Calls

I guess mayhem stepped into the pic last night already  :nono: while we were out shopping for the new faucet at Menards I wanted to stop at the bakery thrift store and just as we walked up to the door they locked it  :shrug: :confused:  :laf: Then after all my mishaps this morning and I came in for lunch My daughter starts telling me she seen a black coyote in the yard under the security light sitting there lone howling at 2am she gave it howl back and she figured by the time she got in the house and woke me up it would be gone so she didn't bother to tell me. I am guessing if she would have told me about this I wouldn't have been cutting firewood and I would have been trying for a coyote but I am sure I would have messed that up too  :laf:

FinsnFur

I've had days like that. Today came pretty close, but then again I havent tried to use my truck as a skidder lately :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Jim It is a ford 4 wheel drive with a 5 speed it should have handled anything that was laying down in the woods  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com