• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WINDY Day On The Lake

Started by weedwalker, October 21, 2010, 07:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

The wife, our youngest son, and I decided to try the lake one last time this year. We waited till around 10AM for it to warm up a little first. We got to the lake and the wind was rippen thru there. Man it was windy. Tried fishing a few protected bays but seemed like every time we would start fishing in one, the wind would change on us. We just couldn't get away from it. My wife didn't catch anything. My son caught a 10" bass and a yellow perch. And I just caught a couple bass.
Here's one. Not much................

And this little feller. 6 lbs 3 oz :biggrin:

Caught them both on Zoom 6" punkinseed/chartreuse worms. A good fish to end the season with.

FinsnFur

Thats an awesome bucketmouth! :yoyo:

I ended my season a few weeks ago as the river swelled and spilled from her banks into town.
But it's going down so slow, the weather is holding very mild, and I'm hearing that the bass are hitting....so I might be dragging all my stuff back out this weekend. :eyebrow: :eyebrownod:

I'll see if I can blow that meezly 6 pounder out of the running.

I can total up a maximum of 8 fish to do it, right?  :alscalls:
Thanks for sharing the trip with us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Oh, so you are a bass magnet too, huh?    :eyebrownod:

Nice fish and a great day to be on the water.    :congrats:  

coyote101

You da man Ed! Nice fish.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Them whitecaps would scare me too :innocentwhistle:.  I take it that is a good sized Bass by the way Jim is acting, eh. :yoyo:   Glad you got out and even gladder you shared your time with us :bowingsmilie:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Other than the wind, it looked to be a nice day to be on the water Ed.  Better to be fishing than honey doing.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

iahntr

Scott

HaMeR

Glad everybody got out for some fun Ed!! Nice fish too.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.