• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Awesome weekend...

Started by centerfire_223, October 30, 2010, 11:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

After my awesome day yesterday, how could it get any better? I went out to another farm I hunt with a friend of mine that I work with. He is a coyote hunter from south Georgia and what a good neighborly thing to do than put him on a coyote.

We started out the morning with two dry stands. Then on the third stand the wind switched on us right in the middle of the stand and we had one start barking at us. That sucked!!! But we went on and moved about 200 yards to another stand, where I started out with a little ragtime rabbit on the crack pipe. At  about the 2 minute mark I hear Bush say there he is and seconds later my ears starting ringing!!! Dang a .204 is loud, we were both sitting against the same tree, only 90 degrees apart. I never saw this coyote step out of the high grass into the pasture.

After a few kiyi's nothing else came out, so off we went to check out the prize. Turned out to be an adult male that weighted about 35 pounds, with a really reddish blonde coat.

The SC DNR wanted any coyotes that were killed off of this farm. They are checking them to see if they have any wolf blood in them. Well we gave them a specimen.

The last two days I have made 8 stands and called up 4 coyotes and for the year I stand at 18 stands and 9 coyotes called in with 4 taken. That is the best average I have ever had. Coyotes sure seem to be getting thicker around here.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

pitw

Sounded like a great way to spend a day.  Thick coyotes are a boon to us who hunt them but a plague on others so we gotta do our best to limit numbers :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

kyfuzzyface

Congrats on the coyote and yes it was( a good neighborly thing to do) wish I had Neighbor's like that
:highclap: :highclap:
Fuzzy

slagmaker

Congrats on the fur down and that first pic is something you could make a post card out of.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

Congrats again, Ronnie!   :congrats:

18 stands with 9 called in is WAY above my average.   :eyebrownod:   

vvarmitr

Wow Ronnie! You're getting it done!  :congrats:

bambam

FinsnFur

Holy crap, I missed this one. Your hogging all the coyotes again Ronnie. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Congrats again!!  Good to see you connecting on some!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!