• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Finally a break from the heat....or is it a mirage?

Started by FinsnFur, August 03, 2006, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

The local forcast is calling for mid to upper 80's through out the day for the next several days. Mannnnnn :rolleye: that sure beats triple digits with high humidity.

I know your tired of us whining Bob, but us Northern folk aint, I say we aint used to this stuff. :wink:

Remember a few years ago when they first started talking about global warming?...how much of a joke that was to most us?
Every time something went astray...the response in general amongst friends was "global warming"

Gas prices are going to reach $2.50 a gallon........we'd joke around and say, "global warming"

Droughts in a vast majority of our nation.....we'd snicker and say global warming.

Fires burning uncontrollably in the west.........."global warming"

Farmers squawking about low milk prices...."global warming"

It doesn't seem to be too funny any more... :shck: what the heck is going on here?

Reminds me of an avatar I seen at Leanords that read; "Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?" :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Man I hope it is just a  hot weather cycle and that it will change in the coming years. You may think that we get used to the heat down south but we don't. Hot is hot , no matter where you live. I hate the heat. You can usually put on enough clothes when its cold to get warm , but you can't take off enough to get cool!
Bob

Brad H

Bob's taking our whining pretty good. I know I'll be complaining about the 30 below weather when we get there just like the 100 above we're having now. I actually don't mind the extremes so much. The wind I can do without. Right now I'm just looking forward to fall.

Brad

FinsnFur

10-4 on fall

I had a ladder slip out from under me at work yesterday, I did a backwards summer sault in the air and landed pretty hard before I rolled down a little bank. I was a hurting unit when I went to bed last night.
This morning it was a NICE 70 degrees out side...I thought I had kicked off in my sleep from the injuries  and went to heaven. :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com