• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

oh jim

Started by bigben, May 09, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Remember back in the winter ice fishing thread I said about how I was catchin some big gillz?  well I was kinda forced into fishing this pond again.  I went to my favorite gill pond to catch a bunch of small ones for bait for catfish.  well they had just stocked the pond with trout for this weekends fishing derby.  So I went to the next pond.  After looking around a bit I found a small hole in the vegetation that was all over this pond.  First drop in and had a big slab gill.  Three more drops resulted in three more slab gills.  I'm thinkin man this is some good fishin.  I'll keep these for supper.  well I changed tactics a bit and ended up catchin a mess o slabs.  I didn't count but I had atleast 1 1/2 doz in the basket at the end of the day.  after looking them over most still had eggs left to lay so I put a guilt  :rolleye: trip on myself.  and threw em all back.  But  :readthis:.... I got pics this time.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

and a sunset for jim of the pond I was at.

FinsnFur

Your like me.....start jerking them hens outta the water with big ole bellies and get a guilt trip. :laf:
Those are some nice size bluegills though :yoyo: And such good eating, it would have been a tough decision.

Sometimes taking some snaps is just as good. :wink:
Looks like it was a beautiful afternoon to be on the water too.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

yeah it was a good day.  I figured the bigguns can wait for a few more weeks.  they'll be there later.  Prob gonna head back again and hit another pond on the property to catch some smaller ones.