• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Boobie prizes but not skunked

Started by FinsnFur, June 17, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I dunno, maybe getting skunked woulda been better.  Nuu Uhh :nono:
I basically found myself childless this Fathers Day and got up this morning to see if I could possibly catch some fish before it got to ungodly temps again.

I caught a decent lil Walleye on my third flip of a Rat-L-Trap just after 7:00 this morning. They are so far and few between right now that I was stoked and hoping I found a small group.
I couldnt remember the legal minimum since I catch so few of these. I texted Rick223 to get the regs on it, and I'm thinking the whole time I'm waiting for a reply, I just got my lunch  :eyebrow: :eyebrownod: But I wanted to get my rig back in the water ASAP too.
I went to grab the tape measure out of my tackle bag, and wouldnt you know it...It's GONE!
Are you serious? I said to myself  :doh2:
Ok dont panic...A dollar bill is 6 inches. I went through the motions of measuring it with a dollar bill.  6 inches....ok and then 6 more is twelve...whooops your going to have to set still here buddy, this 'll all be over shortly. There's twelve and I'm guessing a good three more, definitely not four more, so lets go with 15" inches easy.
Beep beep beep...Rick223 replies, "16 inches on the Mississippi". No size  minimum for Saugers though."

Sonofa biscuit! I thinks it's been close to a year since I caught a legal Walleye :pout: Oh well...you gottsa go buddy cause you aint worth my fishing rights.
I nursed him back to consciousness as it looked like I was about to lose him after I put him back in. A couple minutes of pulling him back and forth to pull water into his gills and he slowly swam off. No thanks...no look back... just glided away. Looks like I'm headed to Subway afterwards for lunch :innocentwhistle:

Beep beep beeep....it's Rick 223 again. "I just double checked the DNR website. 15 inches on Walleyes".
I looked up from the text message on the phone and glanced over to the bank where I let him go....AS if he'd still be there. :nono:
:doh2: :doh2:

Anyway...the rest of the morning pretty much followed suit. 3 bass that were so small I coulda called them fry :laf: and two Pike.

Decided to throw in the towel mid-morning, figured my Pa was sure to be out of bed by then and spent the remainder of the morning with him. THAT was when the gittin got good. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Where's the boo,,,,, never mind  :doh2: 
Still didn't sound like too bad a morning.
That walleye woulda been my luck too  :laf:
but, better safe then sorry  ;yes;
Scott