• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I Caught A Few Bass This Week

Started by weedwalker, May 03, 2013, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

My company said I had to work in Birmingham for a while. So after talking to Richard, CCP, I decided to drive my truck down there. Somehow, my boat got hooked onto my truck and I drug it down there with me. ::)  Richard let me park my boat at his house while I went on in to work. Then when I had a couple days off, I went fishing at Guntersville Lake. It's my new favorite lake. I'd never been there and didn't know anything about it. The water was muddy from rain. But a bass is a bass no matter where they are. I started on a rock cliff wall that had somewhat cleaer water next to it. Fished there most of the day and caught 10 bass. 2 were small but the rest were 2-4 pounds.
The 2nd day, I started on the same wall and caught 3 decent bass, but the waves were pounding the crap out of me with 20 mph winds. So I found some more protected areas to fish. With the water being muddy up there, I decided to throw a bright chartruse spinner bait. The bass loved it. I caught a 6 pounder, a 5 pounder, and 7 or 8 more nice bass. I had a great time. And I owe it to Richard and his wifes hospitality. Thank you.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

weedwalker

gravesco hunter

weedwalker

Hawks Feather

I feel pretty sorry for you and am sure you need some rest after fighting them.  If we call could have your skill.

Jerry

coyotehunter_1

:bowingsmilie: Super nice hogs you landed, Ed.

Makes me want to break out the bass rods and wet a hook again. Me and a buddy fished a few BASS tournaments on that lake back in the early 80's so I know where you are coming from... but you know... I do believe you just caught the last Bass left in Guntersville.  :wink:

Edit: If you are doing catch and release you'd better be careful going back home smelling like fish.  :laf:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

KySongDog

WTG, Ed!   Nice fish and ya got a nice boat too.   :yoyo:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Dave

Wow those are some nice chunky looking fish!  Nice way to break up a work week, too.

weedwalker

Quote from: Semp on May 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PMya got a nice boat too.

My Dad bought that boat new in 2000. 2 weeks after he bought it he found out he was in the late stages of prostate cancer. If he had known that, he wouldn't have bought it. He got to fish out of it a few times in the next 3 years that he lived. It's a very comfortable fishing boat. I just hate the way I got it.
For those of you my age, get checked annualy. Don't put it off. Prostate cancer is one of the easiest cancers to cure if you catch it early.

riverboss

Looks like the gas was worth it on that trip!  Way to go Ed :highclap:

FinsnFur

Dangit! I havent had the chance to get out yet. NICE BASS :highclap:
Whats the air and water temps down there? You got a thermo on your fish finder?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Looks like you had a good work week.  Haven't seen that much water in one place in a long time.  Do you think you'll ever make it back out this way again?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

weedwalker

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 05, 2013, 09:02:18 PM
Whats the air and water temps down there? You got a thermo on your fish finder?

The weather was overcast clouds, 65*, and 10-20 mph winds from the east. The water was 65* too.

weedwalker

Quote from: JohnP on May 05, 2013, 09:11:01 PMDo you think you'll ever make it back out this way again?

Probably not John. My company wasn't too happy with the equipment they got out there, and it's a little too far to drive on a weeks vacation. But I'm happy I got to meet you the couple times I did get out there.

KySongDog

Hey Ed, ya think maybe we could talk John in to coming down to the LBL next February?   :wo: