• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Just a few minnows

Started by Bob D, April 03, 2007, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

My youngest son and I caught these Saturday morning in our pond. We caught about the same amount  later that afternoon but no pics of them.

Bob

FinsnFur

Holy cow...them are some nice gills.  :yoyo:
They got eggs in them yet?

What's with the bass?....you guys can keep them that small  :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Nice mess of fish........  :congrats:

Bob D

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 03, 2007, 06:53:50 PM

What's with the bass?....you guys can keep them that small  :shck:

We can keep anything we want, the two bass were gut hooked swallowing a plastic worm, so we kept them.
Bob

FinsnFur

Those are the best eating.
We cant keep, or harm in anyway, anything under 14" but we get to fish for em all year round  :biggrin:

If we get caught with one ¼ inch under it's a fine and byby to your license.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bob D

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 03, 2007, 10:50:19 PM
Those are the best eating.
We cant keep, or harm in anyway, anything under 14" but we get to fish for em all year round  :biggrin:

If we get caught with one ¼ inch under it's a fine and byby to your license.

Does that pertain to private ponds as well?

FinsnFur

Im not sure if a private pond would fall under DNR restrictions or not Bob.
If they do then they would have a size limit along with a season, because here all inland waters do. I think the season starts May 1st...without actually looking.
The Mississippi is boundary waters so she's open year round with just size limits.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

In Kentucky we have a minimum 12" limit for bass and it applies to public and private waters.  We have a daily quantity limit and a possession limit also but I don't remember what that is.  I don't fish much anymore.

Semp

MrPike

It's nice to live in Ohio, it seesm like we have some of the most liberal seasons for hunting and fishing.

CCP

Bob Iam going through your way headin to FL this coming June will have to try that pond out on the way down. :biggrin:

Semp that does suck for you guys having size limits on a private pond. We can catch and do what ever we want with them but cant transport them off the private property because then they fall under regular size and limits. I know we used to kill out all fish in some of our private  ponds for restocking. You guys would probably have to have a special permit to do that.

Bob those are a nice mess of fish! I think ill do a little fishing in a few weeks.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bob D

Quote from: CCP on April 08, 2007, 10:41:38 AM
Bob Iam going through your way headin to FL this coming June will have to try that pond out on the way down. :biggrin:

Bob those are a nice mess of fish! I think ill do a little fishing in a few weeks.

Rich,
You are welcome to come fish when you get down this way.
Bob

Jimmie in Ky

We don't need permits Rich, but if a pond is out of wack we can contact the fish and wildlife folks and they will assist us in killout and restocking the pond. Pretty easy to do operation.

In fact , if you contact an area biologist , they will assist you with anything related to wildlife including special pricing on seeding operations and plants for the needs you have. EVen get you info on correct plantrs for soil types and or fertilizing your ponds for optimal growth. Anything you might need to make that water hole a wildlife oasis. Jimmie