• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tippet Slicer!

Started by nastygunz, April 25, 2014, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Dandy fish!  Do you ever use wire leader when fly fishing for pike?  I tried it last summer with some fine braided wire leader from Cabelas but only fished a little with it.  Caught a couple of small pike is all.  It seems kind of clunky so if you have any ideas I'm curious.

I tied it to main leader and put one of those spring clip/hook things on the end so I could change flies without tying knots.  I've caught a few pike with mono leader and fly, but haven't fly fished much for them.  Keep intending to but the fun of having them attack buzz baits keeps distracting me!  I only get up to pike water in Saskatchewan for a few days most summers.

nastygunz

I thought " Green Death" would get a rise out of Jimbo  ;) I use a foot of regular braided fishing line with a spring clip for a toothy fish tippet, that stuff is hard to cut with scissors! And its limp with no line memory.

nastygunz

Id like to see the camo pattern of that fish on cloth.

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on April 26, 2014, 04:30:30 AM
I thought " Green Death" would get a rise out of Jimbo  ;) I use a foot of regular braided fishing line with a spring clip for a toothy fish tippet, that stuff is hard to cut with scissors! And its limp with no line memory.

Good idea!  Thank you.

nastygunz

I bought a roll just for that and makes great snares too!