• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Craaaaapie

Started by bigben, May 04, 2014, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Went to the lake this weekend and picked up a nice crappie. He missed the pan though and is back swimmin again.

Thanks for lookin.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

coyote101

That's a nice fish Ben.  :congrats: I'm not sure he would have missed the pan in Kentucky.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Real nice fish, Ben.   :congrats:

Quote from: coyote101 on May 04, 2014, 02:17:19 PM
That's a nice fish Ben.  :congrats: I'm not sure he would have missed the pan in Kentucky.  :biggrin:

Pat

+1 for sure!

Hawks Feather

Nice fish!  That would be fun to catch.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Very nice! :yoyo:
Take the price tag off your new hat by the way :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

Price tag lol. Thats my fishing liscense. Need to have it displayed or the fish pigs will fine you.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Okanagan

WTG!  Love crappie.  Haven't eaten any in many years. 

Dave

Very nice bigben.  He'd a been pan fried that night around here!

FinsnFur

Seriously?? They want your fishing license displayed at all time down there or something? Is that so they can watch you from a distance I wonder.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Nice Crappie for sure!!  :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 04, 2014, 10:08:58 PM
Seriously?? They want your fishing license displayed at all time down there or something? Is that so they can watch you from a distance I wonder.

They claim its so they dont have to bother you. They can watch you from a distance. To be honest the only time i have been checked is when trout fishing. I rarely trout fish anymore other then the first month. They got a badge now but you still need your liscense on you

Okanagan

What's to keep a man from putting any kind of tag on his hat?  They can't tread the print from a distance.  Sounds like a good deal to me!

Reminds me of when California had little license plate tabs and one year they were exactly the color of masking tape.  I thought that someone could put a piece of one inch wide masking tape on his old license and a highway pratroman could not tell any difference from one vehicle to another.  Then in the carport of our apartment I noticed one of our tenants had a piece of masking tape on his license plate.   :biggrin: :nofgr:

JohnP

Quote from: Okanagan on May 04, 2014, 08:19:52 PM
WTG!  Love crappie.  Haven't eaten any in many years.

Same here.  Last time was in 84, beer battered deep fry with slaw and plenty of cold beer and good friends.  We would come home with our coolers full.

Nice fish Ben!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs