• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Home Towns.

Started by nastygunz, May 16, 2014, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Lets hear whats famous,unique, infamous or historical about your home town? Mine would be Groton,VT, home of William Scott, The Sleeping Sentinel:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Scott_(The_Sleeping_Sentinel)

slagmaker

mines Oakland City IN, famous for........... oak trees.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

Ya gotta love a good oak tree :yoyo:

weedwalker

When I was a kid I lived in Mooresville, In for a while. Home of John Dillenger and the pro wrestler Dick The Bruiser.
Where I live now is where people go when they don't want to be found.

Sent from my SGH-S730G using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

Quote from: weedwalker on May 16, 2014, 11:00:30 PM

So where exactly is that and who doesn't want to be found that lives there?    :big grin:

Jerry

slagmaker

Where I live now is Greensburg IN,  famous for a bird taking a poop on the courthouse roof and a tree growing out of it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Dale

originally from York, PA, home of York Barbell and now Harley Davidson...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FOsteology

City has a palace that was built in 1715. The city is also the seat of two of the highest courts, the Federal Constitutional Court and the Federal Court of Justice.

It has been speculated that it was a model for Washington, D.C. as both cities have a centre from which the streets radiate outward.

FinsnFur

I got nothin :shrug:
Shoot were not even ON a lot of maps
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

Glen Seaborg, (Nobel Prize winner, Manhattan Project, etc.), and Kelly Johnson, (P-38, SR-71, Lockheed Skunk Works, etc.), were born here. Also the home of the National Ski Hall of Fame. Anatomy of a Murder filmed here and in the surrounding area. The rest of us are small potatoes next to these guys.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

MI VHNTR

John D. Voelker, better known by his pen name Robert Traver was also born here. He wrote anatomy of a Murder and many other books. I used to see him around town quite a bit when I was younger. He was always friendly and nice to talk to.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

nastygunz

I been to both!

Quote from: Dale on May 17, 2014, 11:02:24 AM
originally from York, PA, home of York Barbell and now Harley Davidson...

nastygunz

I remember The Bruiser!

When I was a kid I lived in Mooresville, In for a while. Home of John Dillenger and the pro wrestler Dick The Bruiser.

weedwalker

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 17, 2014, 06:35:39 AM

So where exactly is that and who doesn't want to be found that lives there?    :big grin:

Jerry

Same place Dillenger should have moved to.[emoji6]

Okanagan

Interesting topic.

But I can't think of anything noteworthy about my home town, which isn't big enough to be a real town.  It was a rural slum and still is to some extent.  It is seven miles from a larger town, near where they made the plutonium for the first bomb on Japan.  We all glow in the dark.

The local newspaper is in the larger town of course.  They annoy me to this day because if I or anyone from our rural village did anything good, they put in the paper that we were from the big town.  When we got arrested or did something bad, they named the small village and said we were from there.  One local kid made it to the Rose Bowl and then to the pros briefly, and I loved it that he always said that he was from the rural village and would never let them say he was from the nearby town.  I never spoke to him but he felt as I did about the local news coverage.  Less than trivia...   :huh: