• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New guy saying hello!

Started by spctbone, April 04, 2007, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spctbone

Hello all! I was sent to this site by a guy with the name of canine.

A little about me: I am a 33 year old Disabled Veteran from Tennessee. Most of my time is devoted to my wife and kids, but the rest is devoted to Disabled Sportsmen of America. We help those with disabilities or terminal illness have there chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors, by taking the hunting and fishing.

I will say this: the reason I was sent to this site by canine is I put a post on another forum about DSA asking for people to help us out with either donations or items we could auction off. And to my dissmay and several of the other members and admins of said site, the post was deleted!

I am gonna ASK 1st.

CAN I PUT A POST UP ASKING FOR DONATIONS AND OR ITEMS TO AUCTION OFF?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

spctbone
Jackie Thomas
Disabled Sportsmen of America
Prostaff and Event Coordinator

keekee

canine

spctbone

Hawks Feather

spctbone,

Hey, welcome to Fins and Fur.  I am not the one to answer your question, but it is nice to have you here.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site spctbone.

You have to realize the flags your setting off by joining ANY internet discussion forum and plugging for donations on your first post. It's just a dead ringer for anyone that has been around these boards.
They hop in, they slap up a quick donation post and they are never heard of again. Using Veterans, and lost or sick children as their tools, is absurd and totally tasteless.

And this is spam in it's purest form because you know you have no intentions of becoming part of this community, especially if you have posted your message on numerous other sites.

Since you claim you are a veteran looking to help other veterans, I like any other redblooded American will take the bait and hear you out, but you are definitely going about your venue the wrong way here.

I'm not going to label you because I dont know you, and I'm going to invite you to post what it is your looking for. The members of this board will decide quickly if something looks amuck.

I'm assuming you have a legitimate website put into place for this??
Your mention your from Tennessee....where are you now.

We will respectfully hear out.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Jim,
I'm familiar with the Disabled Sportsmen of America, 1323 Lundy Rd., Knoxville TN. 37920 (865) 389-5771.
They are on the up and up, do good work. 

Never met Jackie but I do know the founder, Todd Smeltzer (I hope I spelled his last name correctly)
I've known Todd for several years, even took him coyote hunting a few times. He's a good guy!   

Edit: Sorry Jackie... I forgot my manners... Welcome to FnF

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

psycho

Hey Chet

Its Todd Smelser, and yes, they are a good organization. I know it probably doesnt mean much coming from a noob, but they are. Ive met Todd and emailed back and forth with him several times over the last 2 years.

coyotehunter_1

Thanks...  psycho   :biggrin:
Welcome to FnF

By chance...  the same Psycho  that was mod/staff for the now defunked TN Varmint's board?  :confused:

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

psycho

coyotehunter_1

Well I'll be... small world ! :laf:
Not to hi-jack the original thread but you are no stranger to me either, my friend.

Glad to see you on board...  :biggrin: 

spctbone

Hey Psycho How you been?
Yes it is the same one form Knoxville. I met Todd on a hog hunt i went on that he hosted in February, and have been helping him ever since!
I am a prostaff member for DSA and the Event Coordinator.
If you know Todd you can verify with him! I will Say that our website is down because we are switching form a .net domain to a .org domain and doing allot of updates.
I wanna say that anyone who has any doubts or concerns can email, PM, or call me!
We hide nothing and are an open book!

I have been on another forum that psycho knows of for several years with close to 3000 posts, and am well known by many of the regulars.

Thanks again,

Jackie Thomas
Disabled Sportsmen of America
Prostaff and Event Coordinator
865-435-5872

bohunter2001

Coyotehunter_1  - it is finally after a years stalk, I find you again.  man how you been, I think of that day you took me hunting and the foliage was to thick to see through and we were sitting at the bottom of some cliffs and we had a couple of yotes run straight to us and howl, never saw the first one but boy i can still feel the hair on my neck stand up!!!!  You need to give me a howl some day. I have yet to bust my first coyote?  How is your dad?

Psycho - good to see you are still around somewhere!!! LOL

keekee

Very cool Guys! Good to see good friends come together for sure!

spctbones,

We welcome you with open arms! Let me be the first to step up and help in any way I can!

Brent

spctbone

Welcome to FnF Todd. You following me? LOL

Guys I thought i would get Todd the Founder of DSA to register on here so if you have any questions I can answer, He can!

coyotehunter_1

Hey Todd,  :biggrin:

How you doing... my friend? Dad's fine, thank you.  Yep I remember that coyote hunt and the dozen or so tom turkeys we saw in the field. Been a while, good to see you again.

Chet

BTW< something you wanted to post?  :wink:

spctbone

Cool deal! I hooked up to old pals. That should be worth bonus points or something! :wink:

bohunter2001

Chet - hope you doing ok?  I still owe you a shoneys breakfast!

I forgot about the turkeys!

I will say this though, coyotehunter_1 (aka chet) is one heck of a nice guy, this forum is lucky to have him.  We met through another forum a few years back and he has not only been a friend and tried to teach me a little about the ways of coyotes but a good friend to Disabled Sportsmen of America.

spctbone

Hey shoney's sounds good when we going......You paying ? :wo:

bohunter2001

Shoneys is where chet and I always met for a good breakfast before calling in the coyotes