• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bassin this weekend

Started by bigben, July 07, 2015, 08:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Its been a while since i have been out fishing. Since memorial day actually. Ended up heading to raystown and was pleased to see some stained water. Fished from 8-10 in one section and ended up catchin a doz or so with one 3lbr and three over 2lbs. Prob the best day i have had on the water in a while. I ran a few miles up the lake and tried another area and didnt get a bite. I figured the boat traffic had em screwed up.

here is the 3lbr

some details.  Was fishing a jig with a pumkin and green pumkin skirt.  Was targeting logs and caught most of the small ones of them.  anyone that has been to raystown knows the bank drops off steep.  You could be 30ft from the bank and be in 50fow.  All the big ones came off of 10ft of water or more.  Was fishing the bank pretty quick and was surprised to catch two of the bigger ones right at the boat so they were in the chasing mood. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Okanagan

That's a great pic!  Pretty water.  Can't say as much for the fisherman but catches like that compensate.  :highclap:

JohnP

Ben I hate to tell ya this --- but I agree with Okanagan.

Are you interviewing for a Yul Brenner movie?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bigben

You guys cant be hatin on the shaved head. Think of the money I save on shampoo.  LOL.  Its easy to take care of what can I say. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

coyote101

Sounds like you had a good day Ben.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Thats a nice fish! Beautiful healthy coloring too. :wink:
I'm kinda jealous...our fishing has sucked :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com