• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Your Tax Dollars at Work

Started by Hawks Feather, August 14, 2015, 01:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Quote from: trailtwister on August 22, 2015, 08:33:57 AM
If you want to Pi$$ in the black guys Wheaties that fine with me...

;yes;  I wouldnt mind getting in on that :eyebrow:

But anyway..back on track. What this thread means is if you want to ship something across the borders you have to put in a backpack and strap it to a Mexican. It'll get there :laf: I'm jis sayin
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: trailtwister on August 23, 2015, 05:07:05 AM
You are welcome to your thoughts. But every word I posted is a matter of public record.
I still would like the law that covers shipping a rifle scope to Canada. I have been looking for it and just plain can not find a thing that says you can not legally do so.

:eyebrownod:   Al

Rather than me waste my time with looking it up or have someone think that I made the whole thing up after I do the look up, just call Homeland Security.  Here is their link: http://www.dhs.gov/contact-us   

Jerry

trailtwister

Came across this in my search dated 2010.

"To legally ship a scope from the USA to Canada, whether it be new or used, an export permit is required from the US authorities"

Also came across this,
Way I read it, it is OK just get the permits.

May 5, 2015
BIS and Department of State publish rule: Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical, and Guidance and Control Equipment the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML)
BIS Rule
Department of State Rule

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Okanagan

Quote from: trailtwister on August 24, 2015, 05:07:26 AM
Came across this in my search dated 2010.

"To legally ship a scope from the USA to Canada, whether it be new or used, an export permit is required from the US authorities"

Also came across this,
Way I read it, it is OK just get the permits.

May 5, 2015
BIS and Department of State publish rule: Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical, and Guidance and Control Equipment the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML)
BIS Rule
Department of State Rule

Thanks for looking that up.  Looks like they loosened the rules recently, in May.  I live in Canada and have heard of so many hassles about trying to bring a scope or almost any firearm related item into Canada that I don't bother.  Canada allows it but the US side has sometimes hassled people, sometimes not, probably depends on the officer handling each case, whether he or she knows the law and whether he wants to hassle a gun owner. 

trailtwister

Well the first thing I found about needing permints is dated 2010, that iws 5 years ago.

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Okanagan

Quote from: trailtwister on August 24, 2015, 05:07:26 AM
May 5, 2015
BIS Rule
Department of State Rule

If I read English correctly they changed the previous rules in May 2015 and reduced the restrictions. 

It is kind of like getting a permit to carry in D.C.:   no problem in the law but as much bureaucratic hassle as the permitting officer wants to dish out.

Mail a scope to me and we'll see how it works!   :biggrin:  Two people I know have had scopes mailed to Canada with no problem.  Others have headaches, with and without permits.