• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back from trip to Ky Lake

Started by WhiteHare, April 12, 2007, 02:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteHare

Went to KY Lake April 2-6 to try to catch a few Crappie.
Fishing was COLD!!!  Same old story I hear every time.....Shoulda' been here last week....
Next time I'm gonna trick their arse.  I'll schedule and then go a week early.

We did catch some fish,  more than others in the camp each day.  Came home a day early as we didn't see much future in sitting in a boat freezing for perhaps 7-10 more fish on Friday.  Winds were 20-25 mph and it was very hard to hold the boat in position.

Temps dropped 35 degrees from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon and the biting stopped.  High for Wed and Thurs was 40 on Wed and 37 on Thurs. 

All together we caught around 45-50 keepers, over 10 inches.  Most were 12 - 15 and weighed 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds each.  Good mess of fillets.

Almost all the fish still had eggs so they haven't spawned out yet.  Weather was a killer.   

Did see a lot of wild turkey each day.  Would be a great place to live if you had permission to hunt them...saw two Yotes also.   Not two at the same time. One each on two different days in different locations.  About 12-15 miles apart. They were standing out in the middle of a field around 6-7 pm.

Also saw one on the way home at mile marker 22 on Wendell H Ford Western KY Parkway around 11 am Friday 4-6.

Here's a pic of a couple I caught.  Didn't get many good pictures on my camera but hope to have some to share later.

WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

psycho

Congrats on the catch.. Id like to get me a few 15" or better crappie.

FinsnFur

Ah Richard...those are dandys. There's enough meat right there for all week  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Richard... nice slabs!
You all ever come down to Tennessee to fish, particularly the Watts Bar Reservoir area (Tennessee River) ?

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

DirtyDog

WhiteHare

Chet,
Haven't had the opportunity to fish the Watts Bar Reservoir area (Tennessee River).
I don't own a boat any longer and so I go where the boat goes.... :whew:

Have fished Reelfoot and Weiss in Alabama, maybe someday I can get a trip scheduled to WB.  Would need someone to put me on fish as it seems to be a pretty long body of water with lots of inlets and coves.

Thanks for looking at the picture.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

keekee

Nice slabs there! Now thats some good eaten! :eyebrownod:

Brent

Hawks Feather

Now if old Whitehare hadn't sold his boat we could be fishing right here.  Since he did, he might just have to try out canoe fishing.  Nice fish.

Jerry