• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st trip out with the boat

Started by bigben, March 14, 2016, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Friday i headed to the creek with the intentions of breaking some smallie jaws. I started around 1 and was off the water by 3. With about 2 hrs total of real fishing time i boated 7 small smallmouth and made one of the biggest birdnests i have ever seen. Caught em all on tubes and although none were big it was great to get out.

That night i headed to the lake and caught one crappie in a few hour jaunt on the lake. Water was cold and alot of boat traffic.   

All around it was a good weekend and cant wait till we cpget more warm weather.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Thats a start :eyebrownod:
A lot more then we got up here :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

None real big?  That's a nice looking fish you're holding. Nothing beats fighting river smallies!
Is that the Juniata?
I've been thinking about Brunner for some "easy button" bass, but the two hour trip out your way is always risky with water levels. I imagine it's clear and about normal levels right now?

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.