• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Slugs

Started by slagmaker, March 01, 2017, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

A friend and I were discussing baits the other night and the use of slugs came up.

A quick Internet search and........... well check out the video.

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

That video is hilarious.  I'd always heard that slugs were no good for bait, but mought have to try them if I ever git back to catfish water.

Re slugs:  we ran into an area in Western Washington where there is a race of white slugs, which got me curious enough to take pictures of them.  Some of us go for the finer things in life.

Washington State and British Columbia have Boone & Crockett size slugs on the wet side, but they are normally an army green color.  Some of these are snow white, and many are 6 or 7 inches long.  This one was well over six inches long but he clinched up when I put the ruler down beside him.

Want me to send you some by UPS?

Hawks Feather

My sister-in-law lives north of Seattle and when we were there once I saw a slug that were huge.  That thing was close to 6 inches long before I poured salt on it. 

Jerry

slagmaker

Try anything with caffeine on it to kill slugs. They ate alergic to it. I spread coffee grounds around my house and haven't seen a slug sense

nastygunz

When we were kids we used to use slugs all the time fishing for Brooktrout!

FinsnFur

WOW, I've never seen a slug anywhere near that big!  :shock2: That thing looks like a 2lb pork loin.
We always use shiners for big cats. Never heard of using slugs. Interesting :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on March 02, 2017, 01:19:04 AM
When we were kids we used to use slugs all the time fishing for Brooktrout!

When it comes to stream trout, periwinkles rule!   :biggrin:

Thank you for the info re slugs and brook trout.  I am an old dog but learning.

Jim, re size of slugs:  I had to look them up and Wikipedia says that PNW banana slugs are the second largest in the world, up to 9.8 inches long.  A slug in Europe is the biggest, up to 11.5 inches long.

Just looking at that big slug, you would think that a worm harness rig with a couple of hooks spaced out would entice a bass.

slagmaker

Well I am gona try me some slugs Sunday for chanel cats in sand creek.  Supposed to be 65 here Sunday so a day in the canoe is long over due

FinsnFur

You might be right Clyde. I need to start looking under my wood pile in the summer lol
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Hmmmmm, I don't have a hook bug enough to try that as bait.

nastygunz

Truly amazing the diversity of Gods creations!   I think that coyote guy needs to change his name to Chihuahua  :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers