• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

biggest coyote youve heard of, killed, or seen

Started by tripnasty84, March 26, 2017, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripnasty84

so at my daughters bday bash yesterday, her uncle was telling me of a coyote he was fleshing out for a customer at the shop he works at. said he was fleshing and realized what a big dog this was. asked his boss what the dog weighed... 97 lbs was the answer. he says he couldnt believe it, but this dog was the biggest he seen, and was obviously a coyote. IF this is the truth, then this yote is a world record, killee in hampshire county wv. the current record i believe is 74 lbs. there have been reports of dogs here weighing upwards of 80, one i seen had to he 75 lbs, but 97??? what do yall think? hes suppose to take a pic for me when he gets to the shop. their theory is that its a hybrid between a yote and a big breed domestic. i havent laid eyes on it, so i need more than just a pic and words before i dont call BS. but can yall imagine if this coyote really weighs that much? That would be awesome. wish these pro staffers would do a show out here and call these uptight coyotes. they can be called, but the big ones are slick. i know, a coyote is a coyote but im tellin you, these dogs are special, the older big ones that is. you'll hear em, youll see em crossing a road, youll even see em sneaking past the chicken houses. but calling them in is a challenge most give up on way before success. the biggest I called in gave me the biggest Rush ever. he froze at about 150 yds, then sat n watched me through the laurel for almost 30 minutes, never presenting me with a shot. had i a scope, i would have attempted it. i had him on trail cam several times after, and still never seen him again. ive also had some BIG tracks in the snow right beside my own footprint, following me back to my moms front door years back. curiosity probably, but i know i was being hunted! so, yall got some big fish stories?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

riverboss

The trapper that skinned my bobcat showed .e pics of a 79 lber he caught. It was a beast.
I have killed a few in the low 50s and 56 was the biggest I have seen.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

Okanagan

42 lbs. was the biggest confirmed I ever heard of until I joined the internet.   :biggrin:  That was far west and I know you all get a lot bigger coyotes in the east.

tripnasty84

65 pounds would be a huge coyote, i just cant imagine one pushing 100. he swears it weighs that and he didnt seem like he was full of it. still waiting for pictures, soon as i get em ill post them here. i just find it hard to believe tho lol.

riverboss

The fur buyer and my buddy pitched his 79 lber! They were worried it had red wolf blood and it could get tricky on them.
They didn't want to draw attention from idiots and the papers.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

tripnasty84

no way! man what a shame. dont think i could of done that

JohnP

Quote from: Okanagan on March 27, 2017, 05:13:40 PM
42 lbs. was the biggest confirmed I ever heard of until I joined the internet.   :biggrin:  That was far west and I know you all get a lot bigger coyotes in the east.

They ALL grow bigger on the internet. :wink:

If I can find it I'll post a picture of the largest desert coyote that my partner killed.  A large 36 pound male.

Found it, I passed on this guy to give my partner (same guy who killed the lion) the shot.  He was home from Iraq, soldier turned merc,and was leaving the next day to go back.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

MI VHNTR

Years back, I saw a picture of a coyote taken here in the U.P. of Michigan that was on a scale. The scale showed the coyote weighed in at 77 pounds. I've never taken any coyote even close to that weight.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

bambam

Can't Imagine many non-hybrid coyotes going much over 50 lbs.  Now if crossed with wolf or domestic dog, maybe. Studies have shown that eastern coyotes have varying amounts of red wolf DNA

tripnasty84

JohnP, that was really cool of you to let him get the kill. beautiful coyote.

Okanagan

John, that is a HUGE desert coyote.  That would be a big one here in BC and the coyotes here are larger on average than the desert coyotes I used to hunt in California. 

snafu

I killed one (weighed) 50 lbs. Some yrs later one of my bro's & I tagged a coyote but never weighed him. He was larger than the 50 lb coyote. I would guess he was in the mid to upper 50's.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

FinsnFur

MAN thats a lotta hamburger by the time you add in the tallow.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

They sum bigguns up here,wolfyotes. I shotgunned a gert big yella one was small collie shepherd size.

Hawks Feather

I saw one that was several hundred pounds.  Gray in color with not much fur, but it was still just a baby.  Oh wait, this is about coyotes and I was thinking of the baby elephant at the zoo.    :wink:

Jerry