• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Here we go again

Started by FinsnFur, March 28, 2017, 08:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Very interesting.

Me too.  I cast right and reel left.  Much quicker and more efficient.  In shallow water the instant direct line control of the lure can keep you from snagging and sometimes I want instant control and movement of the lure.  No switching hands between cast and retrieve.   I have always done some things left handed such as my early archery.  I didn't even know it till a friend told me that my fly reel was set up with the handle on the wrong side for a right hander.  Hey, it works.

The only time I right hand crank when fishing is on big saltwater reels with big heavy fish, and then I have more strength and don't get as tired on long fights with big fish.  I can fish either way so do fine when a guest using right handed tackle. 

bigben

I keep the rod in my left but use both hands to cast. Normally i grab the butt with my right and reel with my left. On a spinning reel im the opposite to me. Feels more natural.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

I'm right hand dominant & feel my reflexes are better on that side. Thus a quicker hook set right handed. Just switching the rod from hand to hand sure gets tiring for me quickly.

Let us know how that center cranker works out for ya Jerry!! Might have to be a worm drive.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11