• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

first day fishing of the year

Started by tripnasty84, March 30, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripnasty84

hit a little lake down the road, landed 2 smaller bass and 2 decent bass, plus one nice crappie. forgot to get pics of the crappie lol, only one of one bass. went back today and only landed one bass, medium size. been catching everything on 2 different small sized rapala lures, lost both of em dammit lol! ill have pics of some nicer bass as the weather stays warmer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

bigben

Always good to get out for the first time of the year.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

tripnasty84

yes sir, feels like the last day of high school all over again every time. replaced my lost lures and bought some new toys to test out, plus a bag of gulp! alive! minnows, the bass in these lakes round here love those suckers if you present em right. Cant wait for some consistently warmer weather...

FinsnFur

I missed this one! Looks like fun but then again any bass fishing does to me :eyebrow:
I dont know what WV waters temps are like compared to ours but you found some bass.
If I was losing rapalas that would tell me that there's a lot of structure in the water. Of course you can probably SEE the snags your fishing lol.
Tie on a 1/4 weedless skirted jig and swim it through the brush and weed lines. You'll rip em out there :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

tripnasty84

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 05, 2017, 08:26:13 PM
I missed this one! Looks like fun but then again any bass fishing does to me :eyebrow:
I dont know what WV waters temps are like compared to ours but you found some bass.
If I was losing rapalas that would tell me that there's a lot of structure in the water. Of course you can probably SEE the snags your fishing lol.
Tie on a 1/4 weedless skirted jig and swim it through the brush and weed lines. You'll rip em out there [emoji3]
id say the water temps are in the low to mid 50s right about now. heres two from today. the second one put up a hell of a fight on that light action rod of mine lol.

FinsnFur

Looks like fun!
I found a couple today as well. Our water is still pretty bone chilling, but it's warming fast.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Nice - things are warming up around here.  Hopefully some of the rivers will come down in volume and clean up a little.