• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Well McDamm

Started by slagmaker, June 05, 2017, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

ENNIS, Texas -- A Texas couple are crediting McDonald's for helping them land a record-setting bass.

After initially failing to get a bite, Matthew McNellis told KDAF his girlfriend suggested using a Chicken McNugget as bait.

That's when he reeled in a 24.5-inch-long bass weighing nearly 11 pounds.

McNellis says he took the bass to Highview Marina where it was declared a record-setting catch at Lake Bardwell.

Now that's a McFish!

The couple tossed the bass back into the water and McNellis says he may try using seasoned french fries from Wendy's as bait next time.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

That was a big bass. I seen the article AND the fish. I'd bet close to half it's body weight was eggs though. It was one very plump female getting ready to spawn.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Speaking of odd baits:  Rock cod on the Pacific coast are the dumbest most aggressive biters I know.  They will bite almost anything, from a bare hook to anything you put on it.  We used to make cod jigs out of foot long pieces of bicycle handle bars filled with lead, metal chair legs, copper tubing...  A friend had an inlander fishing with him one day when they were using frozen herring as bait.  He bet the fellow that he could catch a rock cod on gum wrapper.  Put gum wrapper on his hook, lowered the "bait/lure" and immediately caught a rock cod.  Also, they are superb  eating.   

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com