• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fun Day with Mandy's Two Boys

Started by JohnP, July 11, 2017, 09:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

The local chapter of the NWTF recently had a field day for kids.  The event was an all day affair and covered, calling (I got suckered into helping with this) since I was able to sit I didn't mind, fly fishing, fly tying, bass fishing, land navigation.  The event was limited to fifty kids and was free of charge.  They hold a predator hunt in Feb which is pretty pricey to enter but all money goes into holding these field days, normally two a year.  Needless to say that I got my two grandson's signed up (Mandy's boys).

Cole on the right and Chase on the left.

Learning how to cast, little did the instructor know that the one in the cowboy hat could teach him a thing or two.

Fly fishing was new to both of them and they really enjoyed it.

Tying flies.

The local community college is going to have a fly fishing class starting next month, need I say that I signed both of them up for it, along with myself.  Think this is going to be an expensive venture for Popa.  Class is $75. and they will have for sale a basic fly fishing package - pole, reel, flies, etc for $125. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Wow that looks like a great way to spend some time.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

These are the type of activities that I love seeing.

You need to send one or both of the boys to Ohio.  I need some help learning to fly fish.

Jerry

JohnP

These two youngsters along with their mother is what kept me going for the past year.  Whenever I felt that the pain was to much and I wanted to quit one of them would always say "Dad/Popa you always told us that when the going got tough the tough got going, guess your not tough anymore."  I didn't put in for a deer tag this year as I didn't want a tag wasted if for some reason (physical) I couldn't go.  When the boys found out that I didn't the youngest(9) said "I will help you climb the mountain", the oldest said he was deeply disappointed and that he wasn't going either.  I promised if there are any left over tags I would apply.   

Okanagan

Terrific post!  Those kids are lucky-- and so are you!

KySongDog

Fine looking boys and great pics!   :congrats:  It's awesome to see young'uns with something in their hands besides one of these damn dumb phones.

JohnP

Quote from: Okanagan on July 13, 2017, 08:40:57 PM
Terrific post!  Those kids are lucky-- and so are you!

And nobody knows that better than me.  They talked me into taking them to the Grand Canyon next week so we are leaving early Monday morning. 

Quote from: KySongDog on July 14, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
Fine looking boys and great pics!   :congrats:  It's awesome to see young'uns with something in their hands besides one of these damn dumb phones.

Thanks Johnny, we have a sign on the front door - If you have a phone turn it off or go home.  Wife said it is in poor taste and I should take it down.  I did, had it laminated so it would last longer and put it back up. 

Quote from: nastygunz on July 12, 2017, 06:49:18 PM
Thats a sharp cowboy hat

nasty - you will hardly ever see him without it, usually has a blue or red hanky around his neck. 

I should also add that I can type these post now in a fairly reasonable time, only took me about thirty minutes to do this one.

nastygunz

Flyfishing is the best! I have been trying to get Jimbo to come towards the light for years 🙏🙏👍😇...flyfishing for bass is wicked🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟