Infamy

Started by JohnP, December 07, 2017, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Dec. 7, 1941, 'A date which will live in infamy'
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

What does Infamy mean? :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

1. Extremely bad reputation, public reproach, or strong condemnation as the result of a shameful, criminal, or outrageous act:
    a time that will live in infamy.
2. Infamous character or conduct.
3. An infamous act or circumstance.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I had the privilege to visit Pearl Harbor when I was 16 yrs old as my grandparents lived over there most of their lives. I still remember almost every bit of it.
Very humbling, very surreal, very saddening.
There was still a swirling rainbow film of oil rising off the USS Arizona and surfacing on the water below our feet as we stood on the memorial looking down into the ocean at the shadows below.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That was pretty damn poetic🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸, don't hear too much about Pearl Harbor anymore these days I wonder if they even teach the kids about it in school? They might be traumatized and need group counseling and hugs!

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 08, 2017, 11:12:38 PM
I had the privilege to visit Pearl Harbor when I was 16 yrs old as my grandparents lived over there most of their lives. I still remember almost every bit of it.
Very humbling, very surreal, very saddening.
There was still a swirling rainbow film of oil rising off the USS Arizona and surfacing on the water below our feet as we stood on the memorial looking down into the ocean at the shadows below.

nastygunz

"Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

nastygunz

And the ass whuppin began!