• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Foreign Devils!

Started by nastygunz, December 26, 2017, 11:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Arrest their dumb a$$es, then deport them !!!  :madd:

nastygunz

I was wondering where the coppers were? If a white man jumped in there they would've had the DC police SWAT team on scene.  Didn't even seem like any of them knew it was a World War II Memorial.

Next thing you know they will be grilling rats n rice at the Tomb of the Unknown.  I sent a link to that video and a nasty email asking why that was being allowed and how disrespectful it was to my multiple ancestors who were World War II veterans and to myself as a veteran,to the National Park Service. I will post if I receive a response reply back from them.

nastygunz

Response:

Thank you for your inquiry expressing concern about the conduct of World War II Memorial visitors and wading in the Rainbow Pool. Wading in the fountain is an on-going issue at the memorial. As designed by Friedrich  St. Florian, the Rainbow Pool is intended as a place for visitors to sit at the edge and to place their feet into, but not to wade.

The National Park Service seeks to manage all of our memorials in a manner that balances contemplation and reflection with visitor expectations for use and enjoyment. Our rangers and officers of the United States Park Police speak with visitors about what is appropriate behavior at the memorial and deter those behaviors that are disrespectful our veterans and negatively impact the public's enjoyment of the space.

However, with nearly five million visitors to the World War II Memorial each year our staff is frequently challenged to effectively interact and educate all visitors while also attempting to assure visitor safety and appropriate behavior.

To that end, since the video you saw posted, the National Park Service has rolled out a new education campaign about proper conduct at the memorial. Larger signs now greet visitors as they approach from the ramps, and smaller signs are located within the memorial and the interior spaces at the kiosk and restrooms. These signs inform visitors that wading is disrespectful to the veterans that served in the war, and is also a violation of park policy (and the Code of Federal Regulations). 

Thank you for contacting the National Mall and thanks to your family for their service to the United States. We appreciate your comments and value your concerns about maintaining proper respect for veterans at the World War II Memorial.

Mike Litterst
Chief of Communications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
National Park Service
National Mall & Memorial Parks
900 Ohio Drive, SW
Washington, DC 20024
Phone:  (202) 245-4676
Cell:  (202) 306-4166

The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage.

slagmaker

Nice they got back with you. What else can you do but post signs and instruct staff.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.