• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Weather reports from your area? Freezing rain here

Started by Okanagan, December 28, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

It just was -30* but now it's 40 above and could hit 50 by the weekend.
The snow is settling down now only looks like a foot.
The wind WILL blow.
old is the new young

JohnP

On 2 Feb 2008 Pat posted:

"Winter is natures way of saying "Up yours." - Robert Byrne 

I'll bet you all thought I was going to remind you it is still in the 70's out here, but I would not do that to all my F&F friends.  Don't forget to wear your long johns and heavy socks - now where did I put my bermuda shorts and ice tea :confused:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on January 05, 2018, 10:45:54 AM

I'll bet you all thought I was going to remind you it is still in the 70's out here, but I would not do that to all my F&F friends.  Don't forget to wear your long johns and heavy socks - now where did I put my bermuda shorts and ice tea :confused:

John,

You are just too kind and we all appreciate the fact that while we are UP to 4 degrees here in Ohio that you aren't saying anything about your low temps.   :innocentwhistle:   Stay warm. 

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 05, 2018, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: JohnP on January 05, 2018, 10:45:54 AM

John,

You are just too kind and we all appreciate the fact that while we are UP to 4 degrees here in Ohio that you aren't saying anything about your low temps.   :innocentwhistle:   Stay warm. 

Jerry

Yep, that was nice of you, John, not to mention drinking ice tea with temperatures in the 70's, real nice.  :wo: John is the kind of man who would give you the hair shirt right off of his back.

We finally have rain-- cold rain that chills the soul -- so cold that it is barely melting anything but it is above freezing and doesn't seem to be adding more ice.  Breakfast was hot coffee and a bowl of hot pinto beans simmered overnight in a crockpot with ham, while wearing a fleece vest inside the house.  This kind of rain means tracking snow not much elevation above us so I may drive out to see what the ice layer and new snow is like on some nearby mountains.

We can visit snow any day of the year within an hour's drive, and only wish we could always get to John's mid-70's sunshine as quickly. :biggrin:

JohnP

Okanagan said:   Breakfast was hot coffee and a bowl of hot pinto beans simmered overnight in a crockpot with ham

damn, got me thinking, so before bed last night I put on the crock pot - three cup of homemade chicken broth, one large smoked ham hock and two large clove of garlic.  Woke up this morning to some terrific smells.  Put in some pinto beans, black eyed pea, a cut up jalapeno and a bunch of assorted herbs.  Some crusty bread and I am all set for a fine meal. 

P.S.  The only reason I used a jalapeno was - we are out of habaneros.     

Okanagan

Man, that sounds good!  Wish I had some hot bread right out of the oven, so may have to do something about that.

FinsnFur

Suddenly It's 31 degrees here, 10:30 at night. I may have to get up and put my AC on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Supposed to be in the 40s here this coming Thursday and Friday :yoyo:

HaMeR

32 last night & today. Of course that means rain. So no we have a thin layer of nearly solid ice with snow falling on it this morning. Plenty of traction when it's like that. But plenty of other negative potential if it gets cold quick.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

A big coon will put up a scrap with the hounds, I would hate to see what would happen if they grabbed hold of that old boy!

JohnP

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on January 08, 2018, 03:31:32 PM
A big coon will put up a scrap with the hounds, I would hate to see what would happen if they grabbed hold of that old boy!

A badger is the closest critter I know to a wolverine, though not nearly as big, and I've seen a badger rip through hounds.  Not very big but a buzzsaw build and attitude like Dick Butkus on steroids.  Somebody in Alaska has surely seen a sled dog and wolverine tangle.

Re temperature:  we are halfway caught up with you, John, inching up every day in non-stop rain, now 38. 

JohnP

I don't know if I posted this before of not as I have CRS but I had a professional lion hunter tell me he had rather have his hounds tangle with a lion then with a coatimundi.  Look very similar to a coon.   

slagmaker

36*F with rain here. The ground is still so cold that the rain is freezing on contact with the ground. Roads are slick as c** in a c****m.
Future forcast calls for temps near 60 Friday and snow on Saturday.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com